Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

I believe ANZ will make it a condition of the change - just as Westpac did when they moved from QBE to Allianz

Of course I can’t guarantee that but for $75 and a payment of $250 on the card it’s worth the gamble IMHO

Yes it may be wise to do that. Atm everything I have booked including airfares (with points) can be cancelled without cost. My JR passes can only be purchased 3 months out. I always keep Nth Korea in mind. It won't stop me going unless war breaks out of course. God forbid.

But you raise a valid point. Will look into it.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. And it’s only the PE’s that are not listed as automatically covered for that you have to apply for? Most of mine are on the list with the exception one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes only talking about PE not on the list

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Is the spend amount for the ANZ Platinum Card $250 pp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still $250 to be paid on your trip, to activate your cover. I paid all my next trip, airfares, 3 cruise deposits and hotels etc on my ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Card.

Re Pre Existing Conditions (PE) on the ANZ card travel insurance, QBE charge from $75 pp, for a PE not on the 'free list.' But as has been said, no guarantee they will accept your PE, risk assessment is done.

Re Pre Existing Conditions (PE) on the ANZ card travel insurance, QBE charge from $75 pp, for a PE not on the 'free list.' But as has been said, no guarantee they will accept your PE, risk assessment is done.

But if you apply and they decline cover for the PE then there is no charge. The $75 is only paid when you book the cover in response to their offer, which is fair enough

I have yet to see anyone reporting that QBE have declined PE cover, Allianz on the other hand have declined cover for the same PE's that QBE have accepted

But if you apply and they decline cover for the PE then there is no charge. The $75 is only paid when you book the cover in response to their offer, which is fair enough

I have yet to see anyone reporting that QBE have declined PE cover, Allianz on the other hand have declined cover for the same PE's that QBE have accepted

That is one risk I don't know if we would take if we swap CCs.

E mailed QBE yesterday @ 3pm re letter of eligibility re complimentary Travel/Medical Insurance per my ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Card. By 4.30pm, got a reply with letter, printed it out and put it inside the policy booklet, last edition was 20 June 2016 and is current. But they also E mailed the book anyway along with contact numbers, good service.:cool:

Correct 75 bucks on acceptance of pre existing.

E mailed QBE yesterday @ 3pm re letter of eligibility re complimentary Travel/Medical Insurance per my ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Card. By 4.30pm, got a reply with letter, printed it out and put it inside the policy booklet, last edition was 20 June 2016 and is current. But they also E mailed the book anyway along with contact numbers, good service.:cool:

Good work.

Great news, Go ANZ and QBE!!......now finger crossed you never have to use it:)

All the reviews I have read states the ANZ Travel Insurance as one of the best re the low amount to activate, coverage and successful claims.....hoping they never change to Allianz.

STOP PRESS !!! I just went into ANZ Cards site, re travel insurance. Believe it or not...ANZ Credit Card Travel Insurance goes over from QBE to ALLIANZ on 11 April 2018. !!!:evilsmile:

You need to read all about it, conditions, honouring etc.

In their reply to me yesterday arvo, QBE said nothing about the ANZ change over.

STOP PRESS !!! I just went into ANZ Cards site, re travel insurance. Believe it or not...ANZ Credit Card Travel Insurance goes over from QBE to ALLIANZ on 11 April 2018. !!!:evilsmile:

Can you post a link to it as I can't find anything on the ANZ website about that

If it's correct then it certainly pays to have activated the insurance at the earliest opportunity. I have both my 2018 cruises covered under the ANZ/QBE policy with the PE's included

Once activated I believe they would have a hard job not honouring the policy - based on what's in the policy document

Can you post a link to it as I can't find anything on the ANZ website about that

https://www.anz.com.au/personal/credit-cards/using/premium-insurance/

"Complimentary insurance provider is changing from QBE to Allianz

Effective 11 April 2018, the insurer of your ANZ Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance will be changing from QBESuperscript: 1 Insurance to AllianzSuperscript: 3."

Thanks

That is a real pain - the Q&A is pretty much identical to how Westpac's change was handled

Existing approved PE cover continues

The problem comes when you apply with exactly the same PE's for Allianz underwritten cover - in my experience they will reject you (I'll be delighted to be proven wrong)

I'm glad this thread was started recently as it prompted me to apply for PE cover for our August trip - which Allianz had declined PE cover for based on my Westpac Black card

Guess I'll be shopping around for 2019 - but that's next years challenge...

Good luck to others impacted

Thanks for all that info guys......we should have seen it coming:rolleyes:

For us, it looks like nothing changes as we have no pre existing.

I have had a quick read of the new Allianz Policy and it looks exactly the same as QBE, states Domestic froms part of the International travel as long as it is with in 48hrs, activating it is still $250 etc.......and still states a cruise with an international port.

and just to add, I too am glad this thread was started as it has cleared up a lot of stuff, good luck to those with PE's.......our time will come!!

For those who already have the ANZ Premium card and want to try to apply for PE cover on the QBE policy you can try and apply now @ travel.qbe.com/qbe/anz - you can only apply for cover 12 months out

The application form is still there to be filled in - whether they process and approve it remains to be seen

Remember if you are applying to make sure you also activate the cover by making the required payment

For those who already have the ANZ Premium card and want to try to apply for PE cover on the QBE policy you can try and apply now @ travel.qbe.com/qbe/anz - you can only apply for cover 12 months out

The application form is still there to be filled in - whether they process and approve it remains to be seen

Remember if you are applying to make sure you also activate the cover by making the required payment

The welcome pack I received on Monday 27 Nov has no mention of this. It must have just happened.

If I put in my PE now for May 2018 and it gets approved. The $250 spend has to be done before you leave the country. So I assume does not have to be done at same time.????

Also have b2b cruises in April 2019 so far ahead anything can happen!!!

Edited by wombat13

https://www.anz.com.au/personal/credit-cards/using/premium-insurance/

"Complimentary insurance provider is changing from QBE to Allianz

Effective 11 April 2018, the insurer of your ANZ Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance will be changing from QBESuperscript: 1 Insurance to AllianzSuperscript: 3."

Thanks for putting up the link.:halo:

I just hope ANZ and NAB who use QBE don’t move to Allianz

Just in case people were wondering about NAB as an alternative for those with Pre Existing conditions - I just spoke to QBE and that cover does not include PE's or provide the option for cardholders to apply for PE cover

So not an option for those of us with PE's

Just in case people were wondering about NAB as an alternative for those with Pre Existing conditions - I just spoke to QBE and that cover does not include PE's or provide the option for cardholders to apply for PE cover

Just put in my application for PE Japan trip. I think going forward it looks like the days of CC complimentary TI for PE is gone for us now. SAD.....as Trump would say!!!

In their reply to me yesterday arvo, QBE said nothing about the ANZ change over.

Bummer, they had better not change conditions for existing holders.

Thanks

That is a real pain - the Q&A is pretty much identical to how Westpac's change was handled

Existing approved PE cover continues

The problem comes when you apply with exactly the same PE's for Allianz underwritten cover - in my experience they will reject you (I'll be delighted to be proven wrong)

I'm glad this thread was started recently as it prompted me to apply for PE cover for our August trip - which Allianz had declined PE cover for based on my Westpac Black card

Guess I'll be shopping around for 2019 - but that's next years challenge...

Good luck to others impacted

This sounds ominous, ANZ 's conditions are weakening as well then.

That was one CC I was looking at as well.:(