Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

This sounds ominous, ANZ 's conditions are weakening as well then.

I would say so exactly the same as Westpac. Not the banks so much but Allianz. I rang QBE and they said you can put a application for PE in 12mth in advance. So next year I will put PE in before 11 April and I might sneek in for my 2019 trip. Thats's if Allianz have to honour it.

So next year I will put PE in before 11 April and I might sneek in for my 2019 trip. Thats's if Allianz have to honour it.

Me too - I'll certainly be trying to squeeze another one out of them for my Feb 2019 cruise

I really hope Allianz has a change to their approach on PE's - but to date that's not been my experience. When I asked for my decline to escalated they gave me an email address to send a request to and I got a further decline back within 24 hours so I don't believe they genuinely reconsidered it

I would say so exactly the same as Westpac. Not the banks so much but Allianz. I rang QBE and they said you can put a application for PE in 12mth in advance. So next year I will put PE in before 11 April and I might sneek in for my 2019 trip. Thats's if Allianz have to honour it.

I hope QBE still honour the PE for 12 months after 11 April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by cruisine21

I have a Citibank platinum card

The travel insurance doesn’t cover domestic cover

I have claimed on it twice over the years. Both claims were paid after the usual run around for supporting documents etc.

Not sure who the underwriter is but they have covered my 86 year old mother and just paid a claim that she put for a nz trip she unfortunately could not go on at the last minute.

When she has rung them to ask if at her age she is covered and they said that they don’t take age into account.

For my next trip l am using raa travel insurance as I didn’t pay with my cc.Found all travel ins more expensive as my husband has turned 65

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Citibank platinum card

The travel insurance doesn’t cover domestic cover

I have claimed on it twice over the years. Both claims were paid after the usual run around for supporting documents etc.

Not sure who the underwriter is but they have covered my 86 year old mother and just paid a claim that she put for a nz trip she unfortunately could not go on at the last minute.

When she has rung them to ask if at her age she is covered and they said that they don’t take age into account.

For my next trip l am using raa travel insurance as I didn’t pay with my cc.Found all travel ins more expensive as my husband has turned 65

Cruise love

Yes prices go up as you get more 'mature.' :o Age limit for ANZ/QBE CC insurance is 80 years of age. Although it covers domestic and international. Well after 11 April 2018, Allianz takes over, different ball game I reckon. They have a reputation in the insurance industry of being hard to get along with, particularly with workers compensation claims.:evilsmile: Don't know about their travel insurance. Still thinking whether I will take out some other travel insurance.:rolleyes: Even though I got a letter of eligibility back yesterday from QBE re ANZ Platinum Insurance. I am a bit sceptical of post 11 April 2018, we are away mid May to mid July 2018, UK & Europe.

I think we will have to try and if not, get a different CC.

Yes, well that could be an issue that has me pondering whether to stick with it.:(

l will all depend on the timing of the card renewal - I don't want to pay an additional years fees if I'm not getting the Travel Insurance cover benefit. Fortunately in my case I will be able to apply for my early 2019 trip before I have to decide on renewing or not

But people need to be careful about not cancelling the card while they still have trips that are covered coming up - the card must be active to maintain cover

But I'll certainly be shopping around for a new card with cover including PE's - but I think it's now getting next to impossible to find such a thing

I wonder if QBE are exiting this sort of product or if Allianz are pricing it to make it attractive to the banks - we all know the banks love a bargain and catering for those with PE's is unlikely to be on their priority list

Yes prices go up as you get more 'mature.' :o Age limit for ANZ/QBE CC insurance is 80 years of age. Although it covers domestic and international. .

ANZ CC Insurance does not cover for Domestic travel or cruises. It only covers you if you travel up to 48 hours before your Overseas trip. It also does not cover Domestic cruises.

As we do a few Domestic cruises, as well as 2 overseas trips a year, we took out an annual policy.

Tanya

ANZ CC Insurance does not cover for Domestic travel or cruises. It only covers you if you travel up to 48 hours before your Overseas trip. It also does not cover Domestic cruises.

As we do a few Domestic cruises, as well as 2 overseas trips a year, we took out an annual policy.

Tanya

Who did you take out a Annual policy with if you don't mind saying. I just got a quote for my 2019 trip with Covermore PE approved $1100..........very sad

Who did you take out a Annual policy with if you don't mind saying. I just got a quote for my 2019 trip with Covermore PE approved $1100..........very sad

1 Cover with cruise Cover. Frequent traveller Worldwide 45days, maximum trip. $627 pa (but we dont have any PE conditions-touch wood)

We did a 9 day Land tour to Cuba in October, and wanted to make sure we had Full Insurance. As a side note, we travelled with friends and upon arrival at Havana airport, they were asked for a copy of their Insurance. We were not asked. Our tour guide told us 50% of people get asked to provide the Policy document.

Cheers

Tanya

1 Cover with cruise Cover. Frequent traveller Worldwide 45days, maximum trip. $627 pa (but we dont have any PE conditions-touch wood)

We did a 9 day Land tour to Cuba in October, and wanted to make sure we had Full Insurance. As a side note, we travelled with friends and upon arrival at Havana airport, they were asked for a copy of their Insurance. We were not asked. Our tour guide told us 50% of people get asked to provide the Policy document.

Cheers

Tanya

Thanks Tanya,

That price is for both of you?

I will check it out. I am sure age and PE certainly increases the price.

Cheers

Jean

Edited by wombat13

Have a look at Insure and Go - I've used them in the past, before discovering credit card insurance, and they will cover PE's - for an additional premium of course - I liked them as they have a Cruising policy. Their website is https://www.insureandgo.com.au/ but I would suggest you ring them and work through the PE checklist

Cheers

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Just rang 1 cruise quoted me $919 without PE didn't want to go through all questions atm. That was for single trip. Was unable to get a annual trip because DH is over 64. So not much different than Covermore. Long way off so have plenty of time.

Cheers

Jean

Have a look at Insure and Go - I've used them in the past, before discovering credit card insurance, and they will cover PE's - for an additional premium of course - I liked them as they have a Cruising policy. Their website is https://www.insureandgo.com.au/ but I would suggest you ring them and work through the PE checklist

I checked them out right at the begining. They a little bit less than others but still up there for 2019 trip. That is why the ANZ CC was so attractive to me. Oh well long way off yet.

Thanks

Jean

I checked them out right at the begining. They a little bit less than others but still up there for 2019 trip. That is why the ANZ CC was so attractive to me. Oh well long way off yet.

Thanks

Jean

Jean, have a look at https://tickinsurance.com.au/

Yvonne suggested it earlier in the thread, it looks ok, I did a quick quote for a 22 night cruise, very competitive, also says all PE considered, might be an option:)

Jean, have a look at https://tickinsurance.com.au/

Yvonne suggested it earlier in the thread, it looks ok, I did a quick quote for a 22 night cruise, very competitive, also says all PE considered, might be an option:)

Yes I went back looking for it. The quote seemed really good without PE. But I have no knowledge of the underwriters 'Mitsui Sumitamo Ins Co appointed Mapfire Ins Services Aust p/l' . Needs a bit more research.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Yes I went back looking for it. The quote seemed really good without PE. But I have no knowledge of the underwriters 'Mitsui Sumitamo Ins Co appointed Mapfire Ins Services Aust p/l' . Needs a bit more research.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

They are also the underwriters for Insure & Go

Good morning Sportsfans,

Well after very careful consideration and research, I have scrapped the ANZ FF Platinum Card 'free travel insurance, as I have a couple of PE's QBE was messing me about with, plus the uncertainty of how it will go when Allianz takes over.

So I have now taken out comprehensive single trip international (Europe/UK) with NRMA (Covermore-Zurich) :halo: They assessed my PE's on line no problems, just a bit more on the policy, but not too bad. NRMA give you 20% discount if you are a member and have policies etc. We will be away a couple of months.

Tanya

Yes, I erred, ANZ CC Insurance Master Transport policy, does cover for domestic rental car excess though.:o And up to 48 hrs before flights out, as you said. We don't do domestic cruises, so not applicable.

Good morning Sportsfans,

Well after very careful consideration and research, I have scrapped the ANZ FF Platinum Card 'free travel insurance, as I have a couple of PE's QBE was messing me about with, plus the uncertainty of how it will go when Allianz takes over.

So I have now taken out comprehensive single trip international (Europe/UK) with NRMA (Covermore-Zurich) :halo: They assessed my PE's on line no problems, just a bit more on the policy, but not too bad. NRMA give you 20% discount if you are a member and have policies etc. We will be away a couple of months.

We did likewise for the domestic cruise insurance.:D