Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

just on their website ticked annual gold bit confused comes up with 30,45 & 60 days?[

i think those days are pretty standard

i rang around last week getting quotes and i thought the NRMA would be good after having a gold card with them and being in there for 50+ years but they were 3 times dearer than insure & go....even Aus Post were about the same price as NRMA,....so i settled to go with insure & go and they cover medi vac plus missed ports

TRY tickinsurance.com.au Their p[rice knocks others out of the ball park

The wording says, transport (airfare/cruise) , land content (tours, hire car accomodation)

So I would say no, purchasing OBC would not activate your insurance.

Could you book a tour?

I a;ways use our HSBC platinum credit card free insurance cover They say so long as you pay 80% of the RETURN fare (ship or air) to Australia whatever you do on the holiday and however you pay for it you are covered. They have slightly different rules than other basks being world wide bot just australian and they also use Allianz

I a;ways use our HSBC platinum credit card free insurance cover They say so long as you pay 80% of the RETURN fare (ship or air) to Australia whatever you do on the holiday and however you pay for it you are covered. They have slightly different rules than other basks being world wide bot just australian and they also use Allianz

Yes, Yvonne, as well as different coverage the Credit Card Travel Insurances require a different action to activate the cover.

I found a comparison site to compare a few different card covers and surprisingly the ANZ Travel Insurance is one that doesnt mention "International" spend to activate cover.

Yvonne, I would also check your HSBC cover if it is through Allianz, as per this thread, they are not covering pre existing.

Hopefully Jean will get an answer tomorrow.

Is the spend amount for the ANZ Platinum Card $250 pp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the link to QBE - ANZ cards just select right card and lastest PDS.

https://travel.qbe.com/qbe/bank/HomePage.jsp?bankName=ANZ

my interpretations are that it is only $250 total but please read the PDS. They are not open today only M-F so will ring them tomorrow with my questions

Yes, Yvonne, as well as different coverage the Credit Card Travel Insurances require a different action to activate the cover.

I found a comparison site to compare a few different card covers and surprisingly the ANZ Travel Insurance is one that doesnt mention "International" spend to activate cover.

Yvonne, I would also check your HSBC cover if it is through Allianz, as per this thread, they are not covering pre existing.

Hopefully Jean will get an answer tomorrow.

The HSBC allianz cover PDS says with regard to pre existing

We do not cover you for any event that is caused by or arises as a result of any pre-existing medical condition of yours, a relative, travel companion or any other person that may give cause for you to claim unless it relates to International Travel Insurance and prior written approval has been given to cover the pre-existing medical conditions of the cardholder, the cardholder’s spouse or cardholder’s dependants and you have paid the non-refundable administration fee.

so pre existigng will be covered with an extra fee

We do not cover you for any event that is caused by or arises as a result of any pre-existing medical condition of yours, a relative, travel companion or any other person that may give cause for you to claim unless it relates to International Travel Insurance and prior written approval has been given to cover the pre-existing medical conditions of the cardholder, the cardholder’s spouse or cardholder’s dependants and you have paid the non-refundable administration fee.

Thats great, most of the other posters on this thread were told that their PreExisting were not covered when Allianz took over their CC Insurance which was covered by QBE. Just shows how they are all different depending which CC you use.

No - that's not correct - you need to read it in context of the comments throughout this thread - they will consider an application to have them covered - and experience with Allianz is they will decline that request to include cover on the included Credit Card related policy and offer you the opportunity to take out a separate policy - at a much higher premium

QBE on the other hand take a much better interpretation and seem to accept pre-existing conditions that Allianz reject - that is my experience based on a couple of examples

Just shows how they are all different depending which CC you use.

Nothing different - when you apply for pre-existing condition cover there's a good chance they will decline your request - all that quote says is that you can apply and they'll consider it - not that they will or must provide cover

I think it's ambiguous - I just make two qualifying payments from each card (mine and the supplementary one my wife has) - then there can be no contention (at least not on that point)

I have a question for those who have applied to ANZ/QBE - what's the longest period in advance you have applied for this cover? I have already got their approval for an August 2018 cruise - but I want to apply for cover for one in April 2019 I've just booked and was wondering if anyone had had success with an application that far in advance

I applied for PE for DH and was declined with Allianz. Yet in May this year for my trip to Japan it was approved by QBE paid $45 for the PE cover. As at the 1 Oct 2017 Westpac Cards changed to Allianz as underwriters unfortunately. Other people have also been experiencing the same thing.

Jean

I'm not a lawyer and don't work for ANZ or QBE but on reading the policy it seems to me that one payment by card holder will activate the cover - but best to check if you want absolute certainty - can you let us know how it goes

The policy document says

To meet the eligibility criteria you are: (a) (i) a current participating card holder; or (ii) the spouse or child of a participating card holder who is on the trip with that participating card holder; and

and

(e) used a participating card account before you went on your trip to purchase at least AUD$250* in total (inclusive of taxes and other charges) of: (i) transport costs (airfares and/or cruise); and/or (ii) land content costs (tours, hire cars or other hired transport and accommodation); for you and for your spouse and child who are on that trip with you.

* Award or loyalty points are not considered currency in determining achievement of minimum spend.

I have just got off the phone to QBE ph 1300135271. They have confirmed that only $250 in total needs to be spent either card could be used Primary or Secondary as it is the one account. But to be on the safe side I would use the primary card holder. Also I can use the Accom pre cruise in Sydney as part of the spend as long as the cruise goes to one OS port which it does NZ. Must be Aust citizen, must be under 80. Must have a return ticket back to Aust , in my case a cruise ticket.

Anyone reading this please ring the QBE number yourself with any questions you may have as everyone's situation may be different and I would hate to be held responsible for any misinterpretations.

So good news just waiting on the Cards to arrive so I can activate them and then put in DH PE. They charge $75 for PE if excepted.

Edited by wombat13

I have just got off the phone to QBE ph 1300135271. They have confirmed that only $250 in total needs to be spent either card could be used Primary or Secondary as it is the one account. But to be on the safe side I would use the primary card holder. Also I can use the Accom pre cruise in Sydney as part of the spend as long as the cruise goes to one OS port which it does NZ. Must be Aust citizen, must be under 80. Must have a return ticket back to Aust , in my case a cruise ticket.

Anyone reading this please ring the QBE number yourself with any questions you may have as everyone's situation may be different and I would hate to be held responsible for any misinterpretations.

So good news just waiting on the Cards to arrive so I can activate them and then put in DH PE. They charge $75 for PE if excepted.

I just got off the phone with them too!

Got the same answer, so that is good news!!

I am sure I had asked this question re the domestic component a few years ago, so I was sure that a domestic flight or a hotel to connect you to the international travel would activate the insurance cover, and had it in my head that it was the case, but things change over time.

As long as the domestic travel and/or accomodation is not more then 48 hours before the International travel all is good.

I just got off the phone with them too!

Got the same answer, so that is good news!!

I am sure I had asked this question re the domestic component a few years ago, so I was sure that a domestic flight or a hotel to connect you to the international travel would activate the insurance cover, and had it in my head that it was the case, but things change over time.

As long as the domestic travel and/or accomodation is not more then 48 hours before the International travel all is good.

Thanks glad you made the phone call as well.

cheers

Jean

Quick update ANZ cards came yesterday activated them and applied for PE which was approved in a couple of hours by QBE. Just need to spend $250.

Thanks everyone for all your input

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Great news, Go ANZ and QBE!!......now finger crossed you never have to use it:)

All the reviews I have read states the ANZ Travel Insurance as one of the best re the low amount to activate, coverage and successful claims.....hoping they never change to Allianz.

Great news, Go ANZ and QBE!!......now finger crossed you never have to use it:)

All the reviews I have read states the ANZ Travel Insurance as one of the best re the low amount to activate, coverage and successful claims.....hoping they never change to Allianz.

I hope so too. We are off to Japan in May again love Japan. So will check early to make sure no changes.

I suggest you apply for the PE now for the Japan trip - as I read the policy once cover is activated they are obliged to honour it

I too love Japan - a great culture and country to visit

Good idea but I don't know whether I have confidence in Allianz to honour it [emoji848] meaning if they took over from QBE.

Yes - it’s actually $75 per person per PE application - if a person and their spouse both required a PE assessment that would be $150. Important to remember to apply for anyone who has a PE requiring cover

Thanks. And it’s only the PE’s that are not listed as automatically covered for that you have to apply for? Most of mine are on the list with the exception one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk