QM2 11/6/04 Anyone going?

Winchester

Hello. I booked several trips in that initial offering for QM2 and 11/6 will be the last in the series.

Will the service be improved? Will we have Captain Ron or #2? Will more staff from QE2 have transferred over? Can it get here just a little sooner? I'm ready !!

30 trips since 1969

QM2 11/6/04 & QE2 ... the NEXT last transatlantic in December 04

I've been booked since August, 2002 for this cruise. This will be sailing #2 on her. I did the Mother's Day 3-day sailing to nowhere and loved it. I thought the food was excellent and the service, though slow, was very friendly. The staterooms are very comfortable. And those Canyon Ranch Spa products in the bathroom are terrific. A CC meeting would be great. The Commodore Club would be a good place for it.

Yes we are interested in attending the cruise critic meeting if you arrange it. Its our first trip on the QM2 and looking forward to greeting CC friends. Let me know time and place please. We are traveling with other CC fans as well. They are fun , The line sometimes makes a presentation at the meeting. Celebrity offers to make it a pleasant meeting with the cruise director present with othe cruise staff membes. Cunard might do the same.

How about meeting for Tea on the first sea day? The last CC meeting I went to, some folks weren't in a drinking mood, and the Commodore Club was a busy place that afternoon. And there's plenty of time to open the bar before dinner and into the evening.

So how about tea in Queens Room on the right side entering the room? Then you can have tea, or I'm sure they would be happy to open the bar if that won't do it for you AND they bring cakes and munchies.

Hello Winchester,

Your suggestion for a meeting place and time sounds fine with me. As to where to try to get together, do you mean to meet on the starboard or port side of the Queen's Room? How about a specific time to meet(i.e. the time tea service starts)?

I have not been able to indicate, for some reason, on my Cruise Critic public profile that I accept e-mails from members. If you, or anyone else on this sailing, would like to e-mail me about this cruise, I would be glad to hear from you. My address is rkacruiser@aol.com.

Bob

We will be on the November 16 th sailing. I would really appreciate it if someone on your cruise would post the formal night schedule and main menu items for your cruise while on board. You are on the first ten day Caribbean cruise so there is no way for us on the second to find out the schedule from past cruisers. I would like to book the speciality restaurants as soon as possible but don't want to book it on lobster or prime rib night. Have a great time and leave us some booze. Dean and Carol

• 3 weeks later...

We will also be on the Nov. 6th sailing.

Winchester - We will have Captain Wright in command of our sailing. You may have seen my post about flying my Cunard House Flag on the QM2. Cunard had forwarded my request to the ship. Commordore Warwick sent the reply to bring the flag and see the Captain when I got on board.

So, if you see someone with a Cunard House Flag (especially when we sail),

you will know it is me.

Smooched81 - we are looking at tours in Barbados and Sint Maartens. Haven't decided which ones though. We hope to finalize this weekend when we see my niece (we are taking her for a college graduation gift). The other islands either we weren't thrilled with the tours or we have been there and done that.

Ed

I'm planning on doing tours in St. Lucia and Martinique. The other places I'm either booking on my own or doing my own thing. The tours are pretty limited compared to the other cruise lines but perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the ship isn't a weekly visitor.

I have not totally decided on shore excursions yet. But, will certainly do one of the two tours that include a visit to Soufriere at St. Lucia. One of my most memoriable tours in the Caribbean was aboard a 1970 voyage of Rotterdam V when she stopped at Soufriere, the tour group left the ship and toured the West side of the island to Castries while the ship sailed to that port. We stopped at Marigot Bay en route to Castries; I still remember how lovely it was! :) It was a great tour that I would like to repeat!:) :) :)

I would really appreciate confirmation as to where and when our Cruise Critic group will first meet. Winchester suggested the Queen's Room for Tea on our first day at sea, November 7th. I think this is a fine idea, but where in the Room? Port side or Starboard side? When? Right at the time Tea Service begins or when?

I encourage direct e-mail communications. I have found that to be much more efficient in communicating with others that will be on the cruise than just posting on the Message Board. My e-mail address is rkacruiser@aol.com.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

OK Paul is more fun than Captain Ron. YEA !!! Variety is good.

Tea I seem to remember suggesting was the 1st sea day. Queens Room. Right side walking toward the stern. I haven't re-read the whole line, but I don't remember anyone having another idea. If I remember I will bring a little sign for a table. Version of 1 I had in February. Picture of ship with Cruise Critic on it. Please RSVP.

St. Lucia, last February on trip 2 I stayed on ship until after lunch when shipboard girlfriend talked me into going ashore to look over the downtown shopping for an hour or so. There's a shirt/local market to left out of the dock area, that was entertaining to wander through. I've taken the drive through the hills a handful of times. It is a decent day out. HAL used to bring the ship down the coast to meet the tours on the other end. It was a cool thing.

Dress the last time was ONLY 2 FORMAL nights. Most of rest were just jacket & tie. I'll look at the office and see if I have the list they gave me before sailing.

Here is dress list for trip 2. I can't get world club to reply so far, so am guessing this trip will be similar. If I get a reply, I will update the info.

Please be advised the Dress Code for January 31,2004:

31-Jan.......................................Casual

1-Feb........................................Formal

2-Feb........................................Informal

3-Feb........................................Informal

4-Feb........................................Casual

5-Feb........................................Informal

6-Feb........................................Casual

7-Feb........................................Informal

8-Feb........................................Formal

9-Feb........................................Informal

10-Feb......................................Casual

Hi Winchester,

Thanks for returning to this thread! I look forward to meeting you at Tea in the Queen's Room on Sunday, November 7th, right side of the room walking towards the stern. Having your suggested sign for the table is a great idea!

I am returning to St. Lucia for only the second time, the first being in 1970 when the Rotterdam did leave us off at Soufierre and we re-joined the ship at Castries. I remember a lovely, lush island and am really looking forward to visiting it again.

My luggage is out and am starting to get items together. (This is the part of a trip that I like the least.)

Happy Cruise Preparation!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Suitcase is out. Laundry is done. No word from Cunard OR travel agent to update the dress list. Grumble, grumble. So expect similar ballpark but take something extra in case they change 1 night. I would think the formal nights would be on the sea days.

Ready for Tea and meeting y'all Sunday afternoon. Signs are on the camera kit ready to go in.

Bermuda weather says for Sunday as we head south => 75/65 sun/clouds Showers coming there Monday.

Monday -Miami isolated showers. 80s/60s

St Thomas weather says numerous showers and storms Monday - Wed, when current list ends. 80s & 70s.

I am packed, except for the last minute things that have to be put in on the morning of departure. I leave for New York tomorrow morning and am getting excited about it. I booked this cruise so long ago---July, 2003--that is hard to believe the time has finally arrived!

I am looking forward to Tea on Sunday and meeting everyone!

Have a safe and pleasant trip to New York!

Bob

Archived