Marina Cabin Questions

Loracpin2

We are taking our first Oceania Cruise on the Marina next July and have booked a Concierge A2 cabin. Is there any way of finding out which cabins have the beds facing forward and which face aft? This might sound like a crazy question but, I recently found out it does make a difference and I very much would like to avoid this in the North Atlantic.

We mostly sail Celebrity and they have a thread for the Solstice class ships that indicate whether the beds are next to the balcony or bath. Port side cabins with beds near the balcony mean your body is facing forward in the bed (like driving a car) so I always book that configuration and never have motion sickness. We just returned from Bermuda on the Anthem of the Seas and the bed was by the bath so my body was driving backwards and I always felt (car sick).

Thanks in advance.

I am reminded of a close friend who cannot ride "backwards" in a train. It never occurred to me that this might be a problem until she mentioned it ...now I make sure to ride in a train facing forwards.

I can't answer your question but I am sure there are others who can!

Now that I think of it, in standard cabins (including PH) it seems to me that beds are facing SIDEWAYS. In the top suites on the "O" ships where there are separate bedrooms, you might better be able to choose which is facing forward or aft. But in thinking of those suites, I'm still thinking the beds are sideways ...

It's a good question!

Am I wrong?

Mura

Pull up a deck plan for Marina for the deck your cabin is on.

Where the "indentation" is that is where the door to the cabin is - that side will be the foot of the bed.

I hope that helps.

Paul, we are in 9078 which means the foot of the bed is facing aft. Is this correct? if so, I will making the change ASAP.

Thanks.

Carol

Great question Loracpin2, and thanks for asking it--I have the same "driving backwards" thing. We will be in Marina 9083 (first Oceania trip for us, too), and it looks like the bed will be facing toward the direction of travel if I am reading the indentation right. That's a relief!

Made the change. We are now "sleeping forward". Can't imagine how we could cruise without all the expert advice we get from the CC boards.

Have a great weekend.

Carol

Glad you discovered this in time and were able to "correct" it.

Have a great cruise.