Best cruise for young couples out of Florida

shackleford

This is my first post, so I apologize if I have done so in the wrong place.

My friends and I, aged 25-35, are looking to take a cruise March 24 and our options are the Carnival Dream, Holland America Eurodam, Celebrity Eclipse, and Norwegian Sun.

We would like a cruise that has a great nightlife including live music (piano bar) and comedy. We are beyond our "Panama City" days, but will stay up past 11:30. I have sailed Carnival twice, and have not been disappointed, but the other ships in this instance are newer and more highly rated. However, some reviews claim that certain ships become ghost towns after dinner. I am just hoping for a general consensus.

I am also wondering if someone who has been to Grand Turk and St. Kitt could share their opinions on which island they preferred?

I am responsible for selecting the "cruise of a lifetime" for 8 of us (four first-timers) and can't blow it. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Additional information...one passenger will be 18 weeks pregnant.

Go with Carnival Dream, or check out ships like Freedom of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas or Norwegian Epic. They don't go to St Kitts or Grand Turk but they are all nice ships with lots of onboard activities sailing out of Florida.

For your age group I would not even consider Celebrity or Holland America. Both of these lines gear towards older folks.

Carnival ships are definitely the fun ships but we just did Royal Caribbean Oasis out of Fort Lauderdale in September. OMG........If you can afford it, I HIGHLY suggest it.

We are going on its sister ship the Allure in 3 weeks. CANNOT WAIT.

The cruise terminal at Grand Turk has a Margaritaville at it. There is a pool there, a DJ, and a flowrider. Its really a party atmosphere and I always have a great time there.

They do have some poolside cabanas that you can rent. There is AC inside them so you can cool off or just get away from the sun. I believe there are a couple of seats outside. They do provide a waiter to bring you food and drinks (expensive, but the margaritas are good...and fairly strong).

Don't go with Holland; too many older people; go with Carnival and if you go to Grand Turk, yes, there is a Margaritiville right off the pier and there is a Jack's Shack only a mile down the beach where you get a free rum shot (go on his web site to print out a coupon; the jerk chicken is so good. I also did a swin with those stingrays and a lot of people did snorkling there.

Carnival has a lot more to offer than Holland

Archived