Canary Island beaches

Any input on the beaches in the Canary Islands? The cruise we are looking at stops at

Canary Islands (Arrecife/Lanzaorte)

Canary Islands (Las Palmas)

Canary Islands (Santa Cruz de Tenerife)

The cruise is at the end of February. Any chance there would be nice beaches to go to in any of these places? I looked at the cruise line excursions and there wasn't anything. I was surprised because I thought there were supposed to be nice beaches here.

Thanks! :)

February is not exactly the greatest month to plan a beach day. It can be pretty cold, and you need to be brave to go in the sea. I would wait until you arrive and see what the weather is like before making a definite decision.

In Lanzarote I would aim to do the National Park tour rather than go on the beach anyway.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Beaches are not the best in Lanzarote, usually black grit from the volcanic rock. Hence why the Brits often refer to it as Lanzagrotty. Beaches in February will not be very great you might sit out in a sweater, you will not sea swim, its not tropical , with bikinis at this time of the year, you are more likely to get frostbite!!

Beaches are not the best in Lanzarote, usually black grit from the volcanic rock. Hence why the Brits often refer to it as Lanzagrotty. Beaches in February will not be very great you might sit out in a sweater, you will not sea swim, its not tropical , with bikinis at this time of the year, you are more likely to get frostbite!!
The beaches in Playa Blanca, Papagayo, Puerto del Carmen are not black grit. People were sea swimming when I was there this February, but there were not that many of them!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

This is not the case at all. There are many nice sandy beaches in Lanzarote - as well as the ones mentioned above Costs Teguise has a sandy beach and is quite close to Arrecife.

And it is believed that Michael Palin coined the term 'Lanzagrotty' - nothing to do with it's beaches and a real misnomer as it's a nice island with many interesting and well designed tourist attractions. And as for frostbite - hardly likely since the average temerature for the Canaries in February is around 20 degrees. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good anecdote eh? ;p

So to answer the OP, I would agree with the poster who states to wait and see how the weather is. You may get lucky and be able to spend some time at the beach, although choose a sheltered spot and the sea WILL be cold

As well as the beaches mentioned above in Lanzarote there is a very nice beach called Las Teresitas which is a short bus ride away from the cruise terminal. Sorry can't help with Las Palmas

As well as the beaches mentioned above in Lanzarote there is a very nice beach called Las Teresitas which is a short bus ride away from the cruise terminal.

Sorry forgot to mention that Las Teresitas is in Tenerife

Las Teresitas is a man made beach, but the bus runs from very close to the cruise terminal.

Las Palmas has one of Europe's best urban beaches, Las Canteras. It is within walking distance of the port.

I also agree about waiting until you get there, but in February it can be quite warm during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums