Filing a Ins. claim due to trip cancellation of destination

We went on the Cozumel Bar Hop, which is a lot more tame than it sounds. It's a tour of the eastern (almost uninhabited) side of the island, which is absolutely beautiful. You do stop at four bar/restaurants along the way. It was our second time to take the tour and it was a blast.

http://cozumelbarhop.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d1788364-Reviews-Cozumel_Bar_Hop-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Degree of "tameness" depends a lot on your fellow Hoppers. [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You went on the cruise and enjoyed it and filed a claim for which you received $1500. Do you feel good about that?

Not to pile on, but I have to add-

The insurance purchased is a business contract. It sets terms on each side as to what is allowed. You better believe that if OP made a claim and that there was any way the insurance company could point out that something did not apply, they would do so and deny the claim.

Read the reviews of policies on insuremytrip.com. There are sometimes some very angry people whose claims have been denied, but if they had read their policy, they would understand why.

You sound like a very nice person but it is not a question of niceness here. Terms are terms, and that is why everyone should read through their policy before committing to the purchase.

I'm so glad I posted and reminded you! Good Luck!

Well now. The claim was honored without a lot of fanfare and received a check this afternoon. Have to say that we initially chose the Choice Plan because it seemed to provide good coverage at a reasonable price. During the claim process, Nationwide customer service was excellent. Not meant to be an advertisement or endorsement of the company or policy, just reporting our experience.

Well now. The claim was honored without a lot of fanfare and received a check this afternoon. Have to say that we initially chose the Choice Plan because it seemed to provide good coverage at a reasonable price. During the claim process, Nationwide customer service was excellent. Not meant to be an advertisement or endorsement of the company or policy, just reporting our experience.

My experience was the same. Thanks for sharing.