Cabana question

Ok guys just thought this one up....i know that the cabana servers are only there from 9 - 5 or at least that is what I read, I also read that the your cabana is open to you before and after those hours....now my question, if we wanted to just grab some food from the lido and have a quiet dinner in our cabana would this be possible or even practical...cant wait to sail HAL for the 1st time in Nov.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

The cabana attendants are regular beverage servers so they need to report to their regular positions like dining room, bars or entertainment venues promptly at cabana close. They are also required to have the cabanas ship-shape before leaving. There also might be a ship function in the cabanas that evening.

Not to snipe, but I would not feel right 'using' the area after it has been prepared for the next day.

Dennis

I would say that YMMV. When we had the cabanas on Nieuw Amsterdam a few years back, we tried to sit up there and have a glass of wine, but were told to leave by security. There was no other function going on, but I guess that area isn't monitored enough to be a safe area for passengers.

But again, your mileage may vary. Not everything is the same on one ship to the next or even on each cruise.

• 7 months later...