Embarkation lunch options

johnatsis

New to MSC and the Divina - we’re wondering what restaurants are open on embarkation afternoon… We really like the MDR for embarkation lunch on Princess, and hoping MSC had something other than buffet open for lunch

New to MSC and the Divina - we’re wondering what restaurants are open on embarkation afternoon… We really like the MDR for embarkation lunch on Princess, and hoping MSC had something other than buffet open for lunch

The buffet was the only venue open our embarkation day on our Divina cruise in July 2016. The pizza on the buffet is amazing though! :)

Sports bar will be empty.

How early can you board for the 7pm sailing? :confused:

I've never cruised MSC before, but if it's like the other cruise lines they will start the boarding process once the ship clears customs. That usually happens between 11:00 AM and 12:00 noon. Sometimes it may be a little earlier, and sometimes a little later depending upon what time the ship actually arrives in port and gets the previous voyage passengers off.

On a previous Disney cruise my family and I took, they're weren't able to start boarding until 3:00 PM because the previous voyage couldn't get into port because of the weather (the winds and waves were really high because of a passing tropical storm off the coast of Florida); the ship didn't pull into port until almost 10:00 AM that morning - but that's pretty rare.

Was on the 4/1/17 sailing, buffet was open on embarkation. We went to the sports bar, food is free there, we had the whole place to our self. I do not think the dinning room was open.

That sounds good - what sort of food can you get there? I assume it is a case of buy a drink and you can get food - is that right?

That sounds good - what sort of food can you get there? I assume it is a case of buy a drink and you can get food - is that right?

In the sports bar you don't have to buy a drink. The food is free. Here are the menus. The print is small but on my iMac I just hit "Command +" and I can enlarge it. Hopefully you can do so on your computer.

DSC09232.jpg

DSC09234.jpg

In the sports bar you don't have to buy a drink. The food is free. Here are the menus. The print is small but on my iMac I just hit "Command +" and I can enlarge it. Hopefully you can do so on your computer.

DSC09232.jpg

DSC09234.jpg

The food is free in the sports bar correct? Why does the menu list prices?

Thanks for the reply.

I was also confused about the prices on the sports bar menu. It does tell us what is available there though and a quieter venue may be useful if the buffet is very busy.

Gary put this one in a post in an earlier thread. It looks more current with a more limited menu and no prices listed.

DSCN4637.jpg~original

Yes this was the menu, order all you want to try. Any day. No charge. You do not have to buy any drinks. Just sit at a table & get waited on. It is a fairly small place.