Opinions Please - Grand Caymen vs Cozumel

Hello. On the Liberty Charter cruise I am going on Sunday, we have Grand Caymen one day and then Cozumel the next. I am thinking that 2 beach days in a row might be too much for my pale white, freckled self. Do you have an opinion as to which is the better beach option and which island has other fun activities, like shopping that is within walking distance of the piers? Thank you so much.

The water is much nicer in GC IMO, but I still enjoy my beach days in Cozumel. There is shopping right in Port at Cozumel and we rented a jeep and did a self guided tour of the ruins in the area and drove around the island, it was wonderful. IN GC, we swam wiht the stingrays, a lot of fun, and I hear 7 mile beach is nice.

Grand Cayman has the shopping right where the tenders dock, and 7 mile beach is also better than the beach in Cozumel I feel. Cozumel has better scuba but IMO Grand Cayman is a better island

I love Grand Cayman! You will probably get replies with both opinions, but I would go to the beach on Grand Cayman, and go shopping in Cozumel. There are some shops on Grand Cayman that have local products though, and those are the kind of things I look for. A couple of them are right in the shopping area at the end of the pier. It seemed to me that Cozumel is much larger, and has more or a "party" atmosphere. Grand Cayman is more laid-back and relaxing. And the water there is amazing!

Archived