Caronia Saga Ruby

mufi

Got the 05 Saga brochure today. The main refit alteration seems to be the new pool which was always poor on Caronia. A couple of scans from the brochure here. imageevent.com/mufi/caroniasagaruby

I have to say it looks like she will emerge lovlier than ever. What a pity that she'll no doubt be long gone by the time younger ship enthusiasts like myself have the chance to sail in her.

However, CARONIA fans who are 50 (or near it) must be delighted at what they see. The new Lido and pool area should be a big improvement and the new decor looks like it will be quite elegant and an improvement over what's there now (not that she doesn't look good as she is).

Doug Newman

Cruise Critic Message Boards Host

e-mail: shiploverny AT yahoo DOT com

Hey Doug

You don't have to be over 50 to travel on Saga!!

You just have to have a friend who is -

From their website

"Saga holidays are for anyone aged 50 and over. A travelling companion or family member travelling with you may be aged 40 or over."

Not quite so long to wait then icon_smile.gif

(I meet the over 40 criteria, but have no close friends over 50 - could take mum, but thats not quite the holiday I had in mind icon_biggrin.gif)

Karen

Caronia Sept 2003

I'm afraid Doug is nowhere near 40 either, so that point is mute in his case.

I'll be 40 in a few years (but believe me I'm in no rush!!) and would like to sail on SAGA ROSE or SAGA RUBY, probably with my mother. Not because I have a huge desire to sail with the over 50 crowd, but because I want to experience these classic, beautiful liners.

Ernie

Thanks for posting the renderings of what the CARONIA will look like in her new life. The ship will look wonderful! Fortunately, I had the privilege of cruising aboard both the SAGAFJORD and VISTAFJORD ten years ago (when I was only 30). Even though I was one of the youngest passengers aboard, I greatly enjoyed both ships. The SAGAFJORD's dining room was absolutely stunning. Because my partner turns 50 next year and I turn 40 next month, I may be able to experience these incredible ships again in the near future.

Chuck

seacruise9

The sales reps from Cunard advised me that those with children, or the " older" populatiopn ususally ate earlier. I was afraid to ask if 50 was considered Older! I opted for the later seating. with the idea that I didn't want to rush back from shore excursions, ... then again, we also have ethe late bufet, room service etc

Archived