Platinum dinner at Cagneys : charge for sides

QCruiser82

Here's my take on the subject of charging for sides:

Should there be a charge for sides? Heck no

Will I be charged for sides with my SDP and Platinum dinners? Probably

But I'm on vacation, and if I want extra apps or sides I will get it regardless of the couple bucks they may or may not charge me. I certainly won't let it ruin my nice dinner with my husband.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app

here's my take on the subject of charging for sides:

will i be charged for sides with my sdp and platinum dinners? Probably

but i'm on vacation, and if i want extra apps or sides i will get it regardless of the couple bucks they may or may not charge me. I certainly won't let it ruin my nice dinner with my husband.

Sent from my sm-t357t using forums mobile app

^*this*^ :)

I haven’t cruised with another cruise company for years. Having spoke to others, they are all discussing the same issue. Corners cut and watching the penny. I don’t think it is only NCL, it is cruise company wide as far as I can see.

I haven’t cruised with another cruise company for years. Having spoke to others, they are all discussing the same issue. Corners cut and watching the penny. I don’t think it is only NCL, it is cruise company wide as far as I can see.

I have cruised with other lines recently, and none of them have been as silly with cutbacks as NCL. As another post has indicated, it is not the cost of the sides, it is the pettiness and deliberate insulting nature of the way NCL is handling platinum guest benefits.

Here's my take on the subject of charging for sides:

Will I be charged for sides with my SDP and Platinum dinners? Probably

But I'm on vacation, and if I want extra apps or sides I will get it regardless of the couple bucks they may or may not charge me. I certainly won't let it ruin my nice dinner with my husband.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app

Totally agree.

I've been a platinum latitudes member for the last few cruises I've done and have always enjoyed my free dinner perk at Cagneys.

I know there's now two dinner certificates, but my question is specifically to the Cagneys voucher as my recent experience (Oct 2017) is that all sides are now chargeable when redeeming your voucher.

So it's one app, one main, one desert included but any sides cost extra. I questioned this with the server who said it was a new thing - but would double check; his supervisor confirmed the change.

It's no big deal as they're only $2 each, but it does seem cheap! A free steak, but charging $2 for the fries!?

This was on the NCL Star this month. Do folk know about this? Have I just missed this change being announced?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Jewel two weeks ago (disembarked October 3)...had two dinners in Cagney's during our 10 day cruise.

One was via our Platinum status and the other was via the Specialty Dining Package...in both cases we each ordered an appetizer, a salad, an entree (both did the filets), two sides and dessert. In neither case did we pay anything additional, other than gratuity. (In fact, at the first dinner, we were specifically told that this is what was covered, so that's the way we ordered.)

My guess is that if it's a change, it's a VERY recent one.

Just off the Jewel two weeks ago (disembarked October 3)...had two dinners in Cagney's during our 10 day cruise.

One was via our Platinum status and the other was via the Specialty Dining Package...in both cases we each ordered an appetizer, a salad, an entree (both did the filets), two sides and dessert. In neither case did we pay anything additional, other than gratuity. (In fact, at the first dinner, we were specifically told that this is what was covered, so that's the way we ordered.)

My guess is that if it's a change, it's a VERY recent one.

NCL faq says program was last updated Feb 3, 2017.

They restricted my order before that, so I am not sure when that change was made.

Just off the Sun Oct 20th... sad but true they made me leave... grrr :p

For the Platinum dinners (I'm solo now that my DH has gone) I had invited someone from our CC RC to join me. At Cagneys, no charges for additional sides ( I ordered 3, she ordered 1) We had ordered Shrimp Cocktails for app and she ordered Bisson steak (add'l $1 charge) and I ordered Filet mignon, plus desert for each, no additional charges.

Same experience at la Cucina ... no additional charges ( I did add a tip for each of course)

Is there some inconsistency? Maybe...

Solo gets 1 dinner for 1 at Cagney's or Le Bistro, and 1 dinner for 1 at La Cucina or Moderno...

I am a Platinum traveling solo, paying double for my balcony. Can I use my "free" twice for myself, going two different times?