Pride of America SC 13500 or 13000 information

df5250

Hi. I am looking for pictures and/ or information on the layout of either of the SC owners Suites on deck 13. I have found a little information using search on this and the Hawaii forums, as well as google and You Tube. I am specifically wondering about where the dressing table/desk and blowdryer are in these suites and how much space was left in the living area when the couch is pulled out. Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1 month later...
Hi. I am looking for pictures and/ or information on the layout of either of the SC owners Suites on deck 13. I have found a little information using search on this and the Hawaii forums, as well as google and You Tube. I am specifically wondering about where the dressing table/desk and blowdryer are in these suites and how much space was left in the living area when the couch is pulled out.

Both SC cabins 13000 and 13500 are HUGE, I think they used to be 2 bedroom suites in the past, (same configuration as the deck 9 forward 2 bedroom cabins.) They have around 1000 or larger, that may have included the balcony. They are newly refurbished. I was so excited to have booked this cabin until I read the disclaimer that cabins 13000 and 13500 only had ONE bathroom, other SC have a bath and 1/2. Decks 11 and 13 SC category don't have a hot tub on the balcony.

I had to cancel and rebook to a deck 12 category SC owners suite. There are 4 sisters traveling together and we needed the bath and 1/2. Lost the square footage, gained a half bath. If there are only 2 or 3 traveling together then it would work with the sofa bed. It was the bath thing that made me change. 4 women in a single bathroom would have ended up in a mutiny...LOL

dlynn0366, the balcony is what attracted me to this cabin. We are booked in 13500. Enjoy your March Cruise! Please post your photo's and thoughts on the cabin when you return.

Solararc thank you for posting the photo's of 13500. I did eventually find some on another post.

gwsster, I had similar concerns, especially after receiving some comments about the size of the pull out couch and information that there is no dressing table, which limits space to do hair, make up etc. There are four adults (me, my sister and two nieces) travelling in this cabin. We decided to stay with 13500 because the port side deck 12 Owners Suite was not available and there is another person travelling with us in a Studio on Deck 13. It's all about the location and the balcony for me, so we've decided to make it work and we will have access to two bathrooms with the Studio.

• 1 year later...

We have booked 13500 for next aug, 2017.

After I get back, I will post all pics of the cabin to help out.

What I am most curious about is the balcony. I want to make sure the partitions close off between next door cabins. I saw a video that looks like it is open to other peoples balconys.

Anyone have any info??

Thanks!!

Jeff

• 4 months later...

Thanks everyone for sharing your pict and thoughts. I am booked on March/17 on Sc13000 and I am intrigued as well by the layout of the balcony. While I believe ( read a comment on other pages) that there is a partition that divides the balcony from 13500, I cannot understand if the balcony itself is located right next to a walking path or if it's private.

Could anyone share thoughts on this?

Princess C 2005 French Polynesia

Celebrity 2005 Mex

Celebrity 2006 Bermudas

NCL 2007 South America

Celebrity 2012 South Asia

Hi. We stayed in 13500 in May, 2016. The balcony is enormous and has full partitions separating it from other cabin balconies. There is also a half partition in the middle. The video above of 13000 will give a good idea of the balcony and cabin. 13500 is the mirror image of 13000. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the balcony or the cabin... I lost my phone on Kauai and it had not been backed up in several days, so many of my cruise photo's were lost. Enjoy your cruises!

• 7 months later...

Do you have some pictures you can post of the room and balcony? Any video? We have this suite reserved for Jan 2018!

We have booked 13500 for next aug, 2017.

After I get back, I will post all pics of the cabin to help out.

What I am most curious about is the balcony. I want to make sure the partitions close off between next door cabins. I saw a video that looks like it is open to other peoples balconys.

Anyone have any info??

Thanks!!

Jeff

• 10 months later...

I am resurrecting this chat....hopefully.

I am interested in hearing from those of you who recently stayed in 13000 or 13500. I am planning for May 2019 and am just interest in hearing more of your experiences. I have stayed in a similar suite to Alaska. I understand there are difference, so would also like to hear people's comparisons if you have a similar comparison to make.

I am interested in hearing from those of you who recently stayed in 13000 or 13500. I am planning for May 2019 and am just interest in hearing more of your experiences. I have stayed in a similar suite to Alaska. I understand there are difference, so would also like to hear people's comparisons if you have a similar comparison to make.

These rooms were added to POA a few years back and are pretty unique. I'm curious as to what room type and ship you think these are similar to? If Alaska I'm guessing Pearl or Jewel and they don't have similar rooms to these other than maybe at a stretch the OS on 10 and 9 in the front.

These rooms were added to POA a few years back and are pretty unique. I'm curious as to what room type and ship you think these are similar to? If Alaska I'm guessing Pearl or Jewel and they don't have similar rooms to these other than maybe at a stretch the OS on 10 and 9 in the front.

I'm wondering the same thing.

These Pride Of America suites on Deck 13 are really a one-of-a-kind arrangement, all of them, in terms of adding suites much later.

And those two OS at the front are definitely unique (well, except there are two of 'em! - but there aren't others elsewhere).

IF Scoundrel2 is expecting them to be like the OS on the Jewel class ships, they will be very surprised.

Perhaps Scoundrel2 doesn't realize that "OS" (Owner Suite) does NOT indicate the "same suite" regardless of which ship it is on. They can vary *dramatically* when on different ship classes.

(Our personal favorite is the OS on the NCL Sun... just *amazing* in terms of location - terrific forward facing view - and size :))

They should look at the Deck Plans and then the Floor Plans and photo, for a comparison.

GC

I'm wondering the same thing.

These Pride Of America suites on Deck 13 are really a one-of-a-kind arrangement, all of them, in terms of adding suites much later.

And those two OS at the front are definitely unique (well, except there are two of 'em! - but there aren't others elsewhere).

IF Scoundrel2 is expecting them to be like the OS on the Jewel class ships, they will be very surprised.

Perhaps Scoundrel2 doesn't realize that "OS" (Owner Suite) does NOT indicate the "same suite" regardless of which ship it is on. They can vary *dramatically* when on different ship classes.

(Our personal favorite is the OS on the NCL Sun... just *amazing* in terms of location - terrific forward facing view - and size :))

They should look at the Deck Plans and then the Floor Plans and photo, for a comparison.

GC

Right, the POA, especially when it comes to suites, has many things different than the rest of the fleet. The categories don't match, what is the highest category doesn't get all the same stuff the OS and DOS get on POA. The OS vary widely on POA from those on 13, 12, 11, 10, 8 - the layout and some don't have the hot tub on the balcony.

Wow, interesting feedback. Let me start my saying I do know there are differences in OS type rooms across the fleet. I was simply mentioning a prior cruise as a point of reference. And yes, it was on the Pearl room 9504. I also know that the OS room on the PoA vary a lot as I have reviewed videos and deck plans.

I just wanted to know more about your experiences in these 2 rooms. Things you liked, things you didn't like, would you stay in the room again...why or why not, do you feel one of these room was "better" than the other (port vs starboard), how did the privacy work on the balcony since it is most open across both room, etc.

Thanks