iConcierge on the GEM

rjm11

I'm looking for information on the iCOncierge on the Gem? I'm new to it- I see you have to download the app before hand (done) but don't see much on how it can be used, except some early reports that it wasn't great. I would like to use it for family members to keep in touch with each other from different parts of the ship- no texting with other off the ship.

Worth it? Not worth it? I think you pay per device connected?

• 11 months later...

The free iConcierge App is used fleetwide on ship's dual-band WiFi inTRAnet, the App was recently updated, both on iOS and Android (not sure how well it performed on Windows mobile) and our extended family used on it on the Breakway, Getaway and Gem (most recently this May) - it worked quite well.

Optional/paid features were not used and those results seemed more mixed (texting & calling) as some of that involved satellite inTERnet, external to the ship's bow-to-stern/port-to-starboard coverage.

You can refer to the update/summary/screenshot of the App below under my SIGNature. It is useful to help keep track of onboard expenses & charges posted, adjustment of OBC and purchases, etc. for a preview before the final charges are submitted to the credit card provider. On embarkation morning, it is a great tool to bypass the Restaurant Dining Reservation stop by doing Specialty Dining booking yourself, if you choose to do so.

we used it on the breakaway and the escape it was good not great it definitely was spotty at times which got frustrating when you were trying to find someone or get a quick response for something but i will be using it again on my upcoming cruise!