transfer from Hobby to Galveston

thehams

We will be arriving to Hobby Airport in Houston and need to find ground transportation to Galveston. There is only 2 of us and from what I've found so far, it looks like a cab is our best/cheapest way there.

Wanted to ask though in case someone knows something we don't ;)

I would check with Super Shuttle. They may be a bit cheaper. We used them 2 years ago when we cruised out of Galveston. There are 6 in my family. They also have a booth/desk there in the airport. For the 6 of us it was 115. You can pay in advance so it's all taken care of when u land.

I would check with Super Shuttle. They may be a bit cheaper. We used them 2 years ago when we cruised out of Galveston. There are 6 in my family. They also have a booth/desk there in the airport. For the 6 of us it was 115. You can pay in advance so it's all taken care of when u land.

We had a private service from SuperShuttle recently, and it was $140.

The cheapest we have found so far was a car service for right around $100.00 Super shuttle was actually more than that. I think Super Shuttle may be better for groups more than 2 or 3.

The cheapest we have found so far was a car service for right around $100.00 Super shuttle was actually more than that. I think Super Shuttle may be better for groups more than 2 or 3.

I agree, our Super Shuttle price was for 4 people.

I agree, I did a ton of research and found a car service for $100 each way for our April cruise to be the best deal.

I agree, I did a ton of research and found a car service for $100 each way for our April cruise to be the best deal.

The lowest I found was $120.00 - if you don't mind me asking what car service did you find for $100.00?

Thanks

The lowest I found was $120.00 - if you don't mind me asking what car service did you find for $100.00?

Thanks

Ok so the one I thought I found for $100 was actually $110...not far off. It was through Supershuttle.com. It's their sedan car, it can take up to 4 people.

I went to their website and couldn't see where they go to Galveston. Did you call them directly to book a reservation?

I did call, just to inquire, I didn't book. I just said we need a ride from Hobby to a hotel in Galveston and he quoted me $100.00 out the door.

Be careful of the all-inclusive car service pricing when you say you are going to Galveston. The port terminal charges them $20 to drop off and $20 to pick up, so you need to specify that you are going to the port so they can give you the correct price.

Having never sailed from Galveston before, I worried about the transportation from Hobby to the port. I did a lot of research on the best way to do it. We were six of us, DH, DS, DIL, and 2 grandkids. I was ready to book super shuttle but DS had called a cab company and was assured we could do the trip for under $100. I believe super shuttle would cost $140 one way. The Carnival bus would have cost 210.

After we got our bags, went out to the taxi stand, got an available van, and headed to Galveston. The trip took 45 minutes and cost us $95. We gave him $120 and considered it a deal. We would have tipped any driver the same amount.

I had read a lot on these boards that taxis were by far more expensive. I just wanted to let you know, they were not.

• 1 month later...