Delphi or Corinth/Nemea/Mycenae

BigNance

for those that have gone to Athens and surrounds. We only have 2 days there and are going to hit all the high points in Athens our first day. I am trying to decide between an all day Delphi trip and a trip that would comprise Corinth Canal, town of Corinth, Nemea and archeological sites, a winery there, and Mycenae and its wonders. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Nance

That's a tough one -- they are both very worthwhile days. My opinion would be to go with the Corinth and Mycenae day. Because the sites are closer, you'll wind up experiencing more and spending less time in transit. Delphi is a LONG drive for just a daytrip.

On the other hand, if Delphi is what you're really longing to see, then go for it. It won't disappoint. Just be sure you get an early start and know that you won't get back until late.

• 1 month later...

This is indeed a tough choice…  Our family opted for the Delphi tour and we were not disappointed.  The owner of the company we booked with, Nikos Loukas (Private Greece Tours) did propose the Argolis tour due to the different sites included and I must say that it sounded very interesting but the family voted for Delphi.  Next time!!

We did go with Corinth Canal, Corinth archeological site, Nemea site, Nemea winery, andMycenae. 

I’m very happy we did. It was a great trip with P. G. T.  It’s amazing how you can walk through these sites and touch these ancient objects. 

It was only about an hour drive from Athens to Corinth and short drives to all the succeeding sites. 

I think Delphi might be better for a 2 day trip. Next time.....

PGT does a great job, informative guide/driver, nice van, great trip!! And decent price!

nance

• 2 months later...

DEFINITELY do Delphi next time.  It is a full day trip.  Viewing the countryside is very interesting as you go.  The tours stop for lunch along the way, too.

Delphi was amazing.  The views are spectacular, the history fascinating, and you get UP CLOSE to the ancient artifacts.  My son and I went when he was 17, and I can remember standing next to a huge scripted stone, and saying, "This is over 3,000 years old, and we can actually stand next to it."  Truly great day.  Oh, and you will SLEEP going back!  HA

Edited by pcur