Go-Pro rental on Silhouette?

wahoo8897

We are leaving Sunday on the Silhouette and have heard they rent go-pros on the ship. We are planning to buy one for our daughter, and would like to try one out first to figure out what her specific needs might be.

Does anyone have information if they are available for rent, and how we might go about renting one for the trip?

Any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.

Edited by wahoo8897

I have no idea about rentals on the ship but the really big issue with GoPros is what mounting attachments you want to buy. A lot of that will depend on how she wants to use the camera. You can end up spending more on the attachments than you do on the camera. Head mounts, chest mounts, suction mounts. selfie sticks. etc etc. You would be better off making a quick trip to your local retailer and seeing them first hand before you sail.

I have no idea about rentals on the ship but the really big issue with GoPros is what mounting attachments you want to buy. A lot of that will depend on how she wants to use the camera. You can end up spending more on the attachments than you do on the camera. Head mounts, chest mounts, suction mounts. selfie sticks. etc etc. You would be better off making a quick trip to your local retailer and seeing them first hand before you sail.

I know they sell GoPros but have never heard of rental programs. I second the comment on mounts. When I first got my GoPro I felt like I needed evey mount available (almost). One big cost savings thing I did was ot purchase them on Amazon and not thru GoPro or Best Buy. You can get 3rd party mounts for half of what either of those charge.

We are leaving Sunday on the Silhouette and have heard they rent go-pros on the ship. We are planning to buy one for our daughter, and would like to try one out first to figure out what her specific needs might be.

Does anyone have information if they are available for rent, and how we might go about renting one for the trip?

Any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.

Hi - last Saturday I was at a AAA travel presentation titled "What to Expect From a Celebrity Cruise" and the presenter was the New England Sales Manager, Heather. The presentation was about the S class ships and she stated that passengers can rent a GoPro camera onboard.

I have no details other than her statement.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We were on Silhouette a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see any indication that you could rent a Go-Pro.

BUT, I would like to say that the video playing on the Go-Pro kiosk is entertainment in and of itself. Grab a coffee or a drink and watch the entire loop!

My wife has always wanted one so in anticipation of our cruise on 3/21 we bought one from Amazon and kit of accessories. The kit was a great deal an included so much stuff for $25 I will probably never use even half of them. In REI and Best Buy the accessories are very pricey. She plans on using it for snorkeling / snuba and who knows what else.

You can Rent gopro's , yes

$36.00 and Up

I Suggest you Purchase your gopro elsewhere todays gopro hero 4 black can be found as low as $369.00 if you know who and where to get it from Brand new, under warranty.

Also you may want to get a Electronic stabilizor one of the best accessories ever for a gopro it is a lil cheaper than a high end gopro lol.

Gopro63