voyager help needed please

we have cruised four times on mariner and particularly love the seven seas aft suites. I am about to make a booking on the voyager in Asia for early next year and I am surprised that the horizon suites are less expensive than the penthouse suite that has been quoted by our ta.

I would greatly appreciate some guidance from experienced voyager travellers. thanks in advance for your comments and advice

Amanda

The Horizon suites on the Voyager are not like those on Mariner, they are the same as a regular deluxe suite, but have a larger balcony, which would explain why they are less expensive than the PH's. The PH suites on Voyager are not nearly as large as the PH suites on Mariner, in fact they are only a little bit larger than the regular suites, but they have a different layout and feel much larger than a standard suite.

Those aft Seven Seas suites on Voyager are also different than Mariner in that they don't have the extra half bath, and the bedroom is not seperate, there is just a half wall seperating the sleeping and living areas, but they do have the wrap balcony.

Do be aware on Voyager that the suites in the aft can suffer from a vibration issue that the Voyager has and if that bothers you, then you may want to stay forward of the laundry room area. If it doesn't then you should be fine if you book an aft suite. We have been in PH 862 and 861 and loved them both and loved the location, nice and quiet and no issues with the vibration.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise.

Those aft facing suites on Voyager are classed PH C not Horizon, hence the lower price than PH B or PH A. As Ridolphi says, they are the same as regular De Luxe suites but with considerably larger balconies. Vibration has never bothered me but I know some people avoid those aft suites because of it.

On our last cruise we met a couple that was onboard for several months and were staying in a Penthouse "C" aft suite. They commented that they felt like they were sleeping on the engine (noise and vibration). They did eventually get used to it. If you do a search on the Regent boards for "Voyager aft vibration", you will find hundreds/thousands of posts from people regarding this issue. Many enjoy the suites and are not bothered by noise and/or vibration. Others cannot tolerate it. It's good that you are now aware of this and can make an informed decision.

Aside from the aft suite issue, the Voyager is a beautiful ship (my prsonal favorite). If you are looking at Penthouse suites, I recommend the Penthouse "B" category mid-ship.

Aside from the aft suite issue, the Voyager is a beautiful ship (my prsonal favorite). If you are looking at Penthouse suites, I recommend the Penthouse "B" category mid-ship.

I would follow TC2's advice. Better to be safe than sorry! On our Baltic cruise, we were on the Voyager for 12 days....aft PH suite 1054. Neither one of us felt the vibration nor noise from La Veranda. We loved the balcony because it was wrap around. Have a wonderful cruise:)

We stayed in 658 this April from Athens to Istanbul, nice suite, however my wife was bothered by a slight fuel smell (kerosene like) that the Voyager maintenance team could not quite get rid off (even put a humidifier in our suite) for the duration of the cruise. Although, this could have been a one time niggle with this suite--we would not book this suite again.

I would book the suite and ask the TA do a waitlist on a Penthouse "B" suite that is mid-ship. There will no doubt be cancellations between now and next year -- particularly when the deadline for payment approaches. Alternatively, since there is a potential problem with that 658, you could book a concierge suite, category "E". The ones on deck 8 are in a great position (and still waitlist Penthouse "B"). I didn't recommend category "D" -- even though they are mid-ship because they are exactly like the "E" suites -- just a deck higher for more money.

Hope I didn't just confuse the issue too much:)

On Voyager, I can recommend the regular suites on 7 or 8 forward of main elevators. Nice quiet, non-tarfficed hallway, close to the 4 ganged elevators or the stairs to the forward observation areas (both inside and outside).

On Voyager, I can recommend the regular suites on 7 or 8 forward of main elevators. Nice quiet, non-tarfficed hallway, close to the 4 ganged elevators or the stairs to the forward observation areas (both inside and outside).

That is good to know as we just booked 30 days in one of those suites on deck 7 for next spring.

oops 674 its a 7 seas suite. We are doing the Sydney to Singapore cruise for 18 days, we are really excited first time to that area. :)

Well, we love the aft suites on the Voyager! We spent 60 days in 972 last year. We were not bothered at all by any vibrations. You will get differing opinions on here, though. It's really nice sitting out on the balcony and be able to see everything on both sides of the ship.

Karen

674 is sitting darn near on top the engines!! Yiks, can you move up a couple decks? We loved Voyagers regular suites and really loved the Seven Seas Aft suite we had in April on Mariner. It's been a while since we were on Voyager, we had the last Regular cabin as far Aft as you could get on Deck 7. The vibration did not bother us but we sure did know when the ship was pulling out of port or docking.

Voyager is a beautiful ship!

Well, we love the aft suites on the Voyager! We spent 60 days in 972 last year. We were not bothered at all by any vibrations. You will get differing opinions on here, though. It's really nice sitting out on the balcony and be able to see everything on both sides of the ship.

Karen

Karen is quite right, you will get differing opinions, but I, too, have enjoyed a couple of cruises in those aft suites without being bothered by vibrations.

We were in 973 (aft. Penthouse C) in April and we loved it. Hardly noticed any vibration. We loved the larger balcony where we could sit out and see both sides. This was our first cruise with Regent and we are looking at booking the Mumbai to Bali in December and will book that category again.

Absolutely wonderful Karen/Gord--Klala..will let our Roll Call know you probably (hopefully) are joining our SE Asia journey. Will be much different than Dubai to Athens but just as visually stunning paired with the magical Regent service & cuisine.

Archived