Oasis now has the Royal IQ app?

reefdmain

Oasis and Allure are using an app that is different from Royal IQ (search Royal Caribbean).

A recent announcement revealed a new app will be launching soon...no dates yet but it should be rolled out fairly quickly, partivpcularly to the larger ships.

My guess is what's on board now will change by March.

• 2 months later...
Considering RCI abandoned development of that app in August of 2016, at this point it is questionable if even Symphony will get it.

That's ridiculous. Biggest best ships in the world without affordable texting? Why would they let Carnival's ancient fleet get ahead of them on this?

That's ridiculous. Biggest best ships in the world without affordable texting? Why would they let Carnival's ancient fleet get ahead of them on this?

They are working on a new app. They screwed up with the old app because it allows people to use iMessage for free, so I suspect they are being more careful this time.

Why are they using two different apps instead of one across the fleet?

They started with the Royal IQ on Quantum class and Harmony. For whatever reason, they have stopped developing that app and are now concentrating on the Royal Caribbean App. Unless they start on a third app, I would expect the Royal IQ to be replaced by the Royal Caribbean App.

They started with the Royal IQ on Quantum class and Harmony. For whatever reason, they have stopped developing that app and are now concentrating on the Royal Caribbean App. Unless they start on a third app, I would expect the Royal IQ to be replaced by the Royal Caribbean App.

The RCI app worked until about half way through my Allure cruise then it crashed. I had to reinstall it. They do not update it during the cruise so I still had to depend on the paper Compass to keep track of changes to the entertainment schedule and other changes during the week.

The RCI app worked until about half way through my Allure cruise then it crashed. I had to reinstall it.

Sort of to be expected with any V 1 app. I assume that is one of the reasons the roll out to the rest of the fleet has been so slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums