Guest Speakers

BigJH

Do P&O have celebrity guest speakers in the same way that Princess do, and if they do, is there somewhere that we can find out who is on which ship and when?

Cheers

Sent from my VFD 900 using Forums mobile app

They do have guest speakers, we have had some excellent ones but some have been less interesting.

P&O do not publish who the speakers will be on any cruise.

They do have guest speakers, we have had some excellent ones but some have been less interesting.

P&O do not publish who the speakers will be on any cruise.

Sometimes it is possible to anticipate who is likely to be doing a speech or presentation:

The Osmonds UK Fan Cruise 1 September 2018

Canary Islands with Strictly Come Dancing Cruise 7 April 2019

Canary Isles & Madeira with Atul Kochar Cruise 21 April 2018 and 15 October 2017

Regards John

Yes, they provide a really eclectic mix of speakers who usually do around 3 talks (or more if you miss a port for any reason).

Don’t be put off by the topic of the talks as they are often broader than they may look at first and cover around the topic. We recently had a speaker who talked about murders and it was actually fascinating as it also covered a bit of social history, we also attended a series of talks about the history of drugs and again very informative about the subject and the period in history.

They do however also do much lighter topics as well, it’s usually just the luck of the draw on each cruise as to what you get.

To answer the OP’s question, no they don’t. From what I have seen Princess have one “big name” who does one spot. P&O have speakers who have a range of talks and they tend to be on every sea day. We had Harry Rednap on a princess cruise but only on for one hour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, they provide a really eclectic mix of speakers who usually do around 3 talks (or more if you miss a port for any reason).

Don’t be put off by the topic of the talks as they are often broader than they may look at first and cover around the topic. We recently had a speaker who talked about murders and it was actually fascinating as it also covered a bit of social history, we also attended a series of talks about the history of drugs and again very informative about the subject and the period in history.

They do however also do much lighter topics as well, it’s usually just the luck of the draw on each cruise as to what you get.

We went to a series of 3 talks about drugs and I have to say that they were the most interesting talks that we have heard on P&O. We also went to some about murders but I was not very impressed with those but I have been told since that there are 2 different speakers about murders and that 1 is excellent so I think we probably drew the short straw. We have also been to talks by 3 different people on the Red Arrows and they were all different and all very good.

We also went to a talk given by Craig Revel-Horwood when we were on a Strictly cruise, he was brilliant and I am praying that he speaking is on the Strictly cruise next month because I really want to listen to him again.:D

The celebrity chefs regularly give talks onboard and odd times there are other well known faces. We had the “celebrity” cleaning lady Kim and some football manager (name escapes me) who was quite interesting.

Most frequently though just interesting experts in their topic rather then “celebs”

• 4 months later...