elevator wait times.

mrpayroll

I keep reading on here that people prefer higher decks because the wait time for the elevator is soooo long if you are on the lower decks ( one or two ) If you are on deck one and push the UP button, the elevator will come all the way down to deck one and pick you up and then proceed to work it's way UP towards the upper floors. You will be FIRST to get picked up. Now going down is just the opposite. You obviously will be the last off.

If memory serves me correctly, if you are on deck one and push the button to go up and the elevator is on deck 11, it will stop at every deck that has a button pushed on the way down. Then it will work it's way back up, stopping at every deck that has a button pushed. They aren't express elevators.

Actually, top and bottoms should have the best success. The middle floors are subject to full elevators at "rush" hour. Sometimes I will go down to go back up just to catch an empty elevator.

And if I am on a low floor, I will usually use the secret floor bypass feature, which no longer works on every elevator for some reason.

The only time I found the wait ridiculous was when I first got on the ship and everyone was trying to get off deck 3, and then anytime a big event would let out (one of the shows, or a full house for adult comedy, etc). But otherwise I never had to wait longer than a few minutes. And sure, they stopped at every friggin floor but oh well, them's the breaks.

Worst was stepping into an empty elevator when I was on Lido (staying on deck 1), and realized the last person in the elevator had left a smelly treat for us. Talk about gag worthy. Damn drop dusters! LOL

We try to use the elevators as little as possible. We're typically on the lower decks, so it's great exercise. Usually use the elevators if we're going 6 or more decks up.

Yup we did a lot of stairs up until the last day or so. By then my quads were KILLING me and between them and my broken toe, I'd had it with the stairs.

Also didn't do stairs in heels :D I am just too much of a klutz for that.

The only times that we have experienced long wait times for the lifts were when there were large numbers of unsupervised hooligan children onboard who thought it was great fun to press every single floor button. :mad:

We usually stay on the main deck and if elevators are busy, use the stairs. Next cruise is 11/5, and I have a broken kneecap and am in a big bulky brace. Stairs will be a slow go, if even possible, so I'll probably be doing a lot of waiting!

I agree with the poster who noted that the lowest deck (Deck 1) is the best of the bunch, because if you're on one of the "middle" decks, the elevator gets full before it gets to your deck, and then it doesn't stop. If you're on deck one, then it ALWAYS stops and you can get aboard. We've found that if we're on one of the higher decks, we seldom use the elevators, but find it easier, (and probably a lot healthier) to use the stairs.

"SKY"

The only times that we have experienced long wait times for the lifts were when there were large numbers of unsupervised hooligan children onboard who thought it was great fun to press every single floor button. :mad:

Sorry! :o

I'd rather take the stairs but on our last cruise with our two daughters (2.5 and 1) we had to use the elevators a lot (thanks to the stroller and tired little legs). I didn't think the wait times were too bad but I was always amazed by the people who would wait more than a few minutes and then only go one floor up or down. They would've gotten there a lot faster taking the stairs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time I can recall waiting was on the last day. Even after a show lets out, I've never waited more than a few minutes for an elevator. With that being said, I generally just walk the stairs.

Go down a flight or two....have a drink at a bar. Go down one more flight....have another drink, go down one more flight....stumble to bed.

I've never had trouble getting an elevator when needed. I've got not cartilage in my right knee and had surgery on it once already. For some reason I do not have trouble going up stairs, but going down hurts it like crazy, so I either have to go slowly taking one step at a time and risk being run over by impatient people, or just use an elevator. I usually won't even consider an elevator though unless it's more than 2 floors going down. Or more than 4 going up.

For the love of God.....just take the stairs if you're SO concerned about wait times while on vacation. Have you got somewhere else that you NEED to be?

Best be writing to John Heald about the elevator wait times, maybe they can teleport you ahead of the other 3000 pasengers and call it the faster to the _______ program. Of course there would be a charge of $49 applied to your sail and sign account in order to keep you happy. It is after all, "your vacation". What a waste of bandwidth this thread is. :rolleyes:

Must be a Brit? Use of lift gave you away!

Using a walker makes elevators a necessity. I just ride up or down the next elevator I can squeeze into!

Agree its vacation.....right up there with can I get margerine and fresh squeezed juices.....really....just stand in front of one at peak times and it will come in minutes.

More annoying are the folks that keep hitting up while waiting so your door won't shut.....DUH....

Elevator, schmelivator!

Every elevator bank is a crap shoot! My DW and I make bets which one will show up first.:rolleyes:

C'mon now, unless you are going to lose a bet who might get somewhere first, who cares? RELAX! You are on vacation! Don't sweat the small stuff...;)

Archived