When to book flights

NitaO

I already have that card and was going to use that for our return flight. Right now a RT flight is 60K flights, so I only have enough for a one-way ticket. Alaska has a good nonstop flight SEA-RDU flight that I am hoping to book (8:15 AM - 4:25 PM). We all have to work the next day, and they have a bit of a drive to get home. Right now the cash price is $304. Hoping it will drop some once SW releases their next set of flights in November. I will book one points ticket, one cash ticket and one companion ticket. Not the best use of a companion pass, but the annual pass in my wallet expires April 2018, so I might as well use it.

OP, sorry to ahve hijacked your thread. One possibility for car rental is a compact and one a little bigger. you can put 4 adults in the compact and the other tow and most of the luggage in the other. I've been seeing a real cheap price for a compact w/ hertz downtown ANC location.

If you are doing a one way cruise , are you aware you’ll disembark in Vancouver not Seattle?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are doing a one way cruise , are you aware you’ll disembark in Vancouver not Seattle?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. We are either driving down (taking the day to see the sights per Gardyloo's route) or taking the train to Seattle and staying 1-2 nights before heading home (1 if we train, 2 if we drive). We will be staying one night in Vancouver to sightsee first.

We have booked our air they Princess for next June 2018

So far it's lowest price to Seattle from NJ. Waiting for release of Southwest

We booked the EZ Air with Princess for June 2018-JFK-ANC & Vancouver to JFK. Happy with the price & airline that we use[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising the end of July Vancouver to Seward. We have already booked our flights because the ideal flight times, especially from Baltimore to Vancouver, were starting to increase and have limited availability. We ended up booking our flights home from Anchorage a couple weeks later because we started to see that happening as well. We got pretty good prices for non-refundable rates. We could not afford the refundable rates. Purchased insurance and there you go. I know late July is popular for Vancouver, so I recommend earlier booking. It's funny because we went to Vancouver via Seattle in late July 2016 and booked our airfare in January and hotel in April 2016. Our preferred hotel (Auberge Vancouver Hotel) was already much higher for next July than 2016. We went ahead and booked it. Could we have been scammed? Possibly, but we have it booked at least. Now to cut out some shore excursions we already booked since airfare and hotel were much more than expected.

Now to cut out some shore excursions we already booked since airfare and hotel were much more than expected.

I am so sorry to see this. For me this is half my trip

Only a suggestion, but perhaps, if asked, mention a "tour fund" instead of birthday/holiday gifts. Pay yourself, when you cut back on spending, deposit into travel account?

Yes to all those things. We don't usually buy each other presents anyway, but we have a son and they are costly! ;-)

I am not cutting all excursions, but trying to find some cheaper than the cruise ship ones we booked. Have found there are many ways to do them cheaper than the guideline. But everything has been more expensive than we expected. I don't know how all of you do these and do land tours on top or do these every year, but you may be closer than we are.

We booked the EZ Air with Princess for June 2018-JFK-ANC & Vancouver to JFK. Happy with the price & airline that we use[emoji

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi We just booked the Star princess for 6/16/18, southbound to vancouver. Which cruise are you on?

Yes to all those things. We don't usually buy each other presents anyway, but we have a son and they are costly! ;-)

I am not cutting all excursions, but trying to find some cheaper than the cruise ship ones we booked. Have found there are many ways to do them cheaper than the guideline. But everything has been more expensive than we expected. I don't know how all of you do these and do land tours on top or do these every year, but you may be closer than we are.

If you post what excursions you have booked, perhaps you can get good alternative ideas?

Yes I realize I am very fortunate with my travels. I sincerely hope for an excellent Alaska adventure for everyone.