poll for anytime dining section in brittania

brian1

should there be all fixed or 50/50 fixed and anytime in brittania mdr  

160 members have voted

1. 1. should there be all fixed or 50/50 fixed and anytime in brittania mdr

• fixed dining only
    • 50/50 fixed and anytime

I'm surprised it's not been higher in favour of the split option. If it was just about the new ship and she is designed to offer that option from the start with a separate dining room then I think it would have been more in favour.

Indeed. Then again how many restaurants do you know that serve 2,000 diners within a two and half hour window? None. That's the problem with this whole concept... pretending what is still mass catering with being a traditional restaurant.

Where do you get those figures from ?

The QV has 2,000 passengers (you are correct). How many are in the Grills ? 300 ? (I'm not really sure). That leaves 1700. How many dine in the buffet ? Or alternative dining ? Another 400 say ? That leaves 1300. That's over 2 x 2.5 hour windows.

So that's 650 over 2.5 hours, which is around 1/3 of what you say it is.

No you dont, Princess give the option for a small number of people at discretion of maitre d to book a table if they phone first thing in the morning, but normally you just turn up at anytime that suits you which can vary day by day. Never had a problem and always been seated straight away if you are happy to share and occasionally if you request a table for 2 and if not available you will be given a pager and they will let you know when table is ready which is not a problem.

I receive a pager at Panera Bread but never at a real restaurant that offers linen table service and menus. Cheapens the entire experience in my opinion.

According to my reliable source at Carnival House UK ;) Cunard have no intention to introduce 'Anytime dining (or whatever one wants to call it) on any of the 'three existing ships already in service' ( QM/Q.Vic/Q.E) however, there is a possibility that this may be introduced in addition to 'fixed dining' on the new ship.

The new ship will still retain many Cunard brand amenities and the onboard product that we are already familiar with. ie; Formality, the Grills/Club dining experience, ballroom dancing, enrichment lectures etc etc, however, there will be a few new innovations.

The question should have been restricted to QE and QV as QM2already mixes fixed and anytime (Club Class) dining in Britannia. Fixed time diners seated on the lower levelnear the main aisles are permitted to experience the near-constant to and froof Club Class diners who can’t be bothered to use the aft entrances.