Can you pre order alcohol before your cruise?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:27 PM.
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Hi fellow cruisers, I am new to Cunard and would like to know if I can pre-order a bottle of alcohol for our cabin to consume while on our balcony? If so, is there a phone number to call? Thanks for any replies.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Royal Caribbean: Alaska
1 Holland: Alaska
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days
1,203 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Originally posted by smarks
Hi fellow cruisers, I am new to Cunard and would like to know if I can pre-order a bottle of alcohol for our cabin to consume while on our balcony? If so, is there a phone number to call? Thanks for any replies.
In the UK, on the VP, there is a list of items that you can order, including wine packages, single bottles for your room etc., but you have to call them and pay up front.

Stewart
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by BigMac1953
In the UK, on the VP, there is a list of items that you can order, including wine packages, single bottles for your room etc., but you have to call them and pay up front.

Stewart
Thank you Stewart for the reply. I'm from the US. I will go back and look again. I'm still learning to navigate Cunards website.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Tangoqueen
You could just take a bottle on with you in your hand luggage too

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Thank you Tangoqueen for the reply. Are you allowed to take a bottle of liquor onboard? Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days
Iowa
1,588 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Thank you Stewart for the reply. I'm from the US. I will go back and look again. I'm still learning to navigate Cunards website.
In the voyage personliser, information about what you may pre-order is found within the link called "Little Luxuries" near the upper right corner on the home page.

Within the "Little Luxuries" page, you should see a section called "Reds, Whites & Sparkling" which lists the wines you may pre-order. There is also a section called "The Wine Packages Collection - Create Your Own Collection" for wine packages you may pre-order. The number that's given to call and place your order in the US is the main Cunard customer service number 1-800-728-6273.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John

"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)

1,203 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Thank you Tangoqueen for the reply. Are you allowed to take a bottle of liquor onboard? Thanks.
You can take as much liquor as you can carry, for consumption in your room, otherwise you pay $20 corkage in the MDR.

Stewart
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by BigMac1953
You can take as much liquor as you can carry, for consumption in your room, otherwise you pay $20 corkage in the MDR.

Stewart
Thank you BigMac1953. This is what I needed to know. If I could bring a bottle of Crown Royal onboard or if I could order it, if not. I would also like to order some water and soft drinks. Can I bring them onboard also or do I need to order them. All I have found is wine which neither my husband or I drink. Thank you again.

Sandra
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days
Lancashire
345 Posts
Joined Oct 2009

Yes Smarks you can take alcohol for consumption in your cabin, and non alcoholic drinks too. So long as it’s legal you can take it without problem.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

=http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk][/url]g
1,203 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
On two occasions, we've been allowed to drink our own Veuve in public areas without corkage charges.

On a particular ship, in an outside bar, I asked the bar manager if it would be noticed if we brought along our own bottle for the sail away. We were told "no problem" followed by "I'll get the glasses and wine bucket ready for you". We have known this person for a number of years and they did get a tip.

Stewart
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Thank you again BigMac1953. You have been a big help. My husband will really appreciate it when he is on the balcony drinking a crown and ginger.

Sandra
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Tangoqueen
Yes Smarks you can take alcohol for consumption in your cabin, and non alcoholic drinks too. So long as it’s legal you can take it without problem.

Thank you tangoqueen, your reply is very helpful.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days
5,861 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Thank you everybody for all the replies and links you have shared with me. I'm sure I will be asking more questions in the future. It's great to have knowledgeable people willing to share information with this old gal. Thanks again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Carnival
1 Commodore MS Caribe 1
Yet to sail:
6 Carnival
1 Princess 27 Days
1 P&O 14 Days
1 Cunard 7 Days