Evenings in Port

parentsof5

We have only ever had port time during the day. Never past 5. We will be on Icy Straight, Juneau, Skagway until 10, 9, 8:30 respectively. What is there to do at night besides restaurants and bars? Seems excursions are day time hours.

keep in mind that it be total daylight so there's no reason why you can't be out exploring each port .... hiking, walking, or just wandering.

ie in Juneau the Mendenhall trails are open until Midnight. If you have a rental car, you could drive out to the coast and explore. In Skagway you can walk out to the Goldrush Cemetary then Lower Reid Falls.

Thanks Mapleleaves, that helped me switch my thinking up. I did read Mendenhall is open for hiking later, but didn't get my brain working that direction. Our goal is always do those things first, but that isn't necessarily the order it has to go.

My question wasn't intended to be about daylight, but about things being open in port we would want to do. Like a musuem, etc.

Restaurants and bars - open

Stores and gift shops - generally open unless small, family-run type store; shops in cruise ship zone are usually open until around 8, but town is pretty deserted since most passengers go back to ship for dinner.

Tours - most tours end around 5'ish except for those booked as evening or dinner tours, e.g. the dinner and whale watch in Juneau

Museums and anything run by the government - usually close around 5pm included most of the NPS stuff in Skagway

Restaurants and bars - open

Stores and gift shops - generally open unless small, family-run type store; shops in cruise ship zone are usually open until around 8, but town is pretty deserted since most passengers go back to ship for dinner.

Tours - most tours end around 5'ish except for those booked as evening or dinner tours, e.g. the dinner and whale watch in Juneau

Museums and anything run by the government - usually close around 5pm included most of the NPS stuff in Skagway

Thank you! Exactly what I was asking/ wondering .