Carnival Glory Fire

When we were on the Glory our shower kept filling with water and we kept calling to get it fixed but no one ever came. It was finally fixed when it overflowed all over the floor and the cabin steward was now inconvenienced. The ship also lost water for the whole morning. No bathrooms could be flushed, no showers and no coffee or drinks were available. The Glory is my least favorite ship and would never sail her again. Don't care how many dry docks she has been through.

Sounds like you had a bum room steward. Never have experienced anything like that on any of my 10 cruises on her. I had a slow running drain once and when I told my room steward, he had someone there extremely quickly. Even got a new shower curtain out of the deal. Now if they would just make them a couple inches longer......

"Captain Carnival" is a real person. His name is Brian R Fey Sr and he works at the Port of Tampa. Look him up. I think the previous poster may have him confused with other guys who are big fans of Carnival.

Do not go throwing facts into the equation, it confuses people....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Captain Carnival now that's a good one! I can think of a few people that applies to. Pass the kool-aid...nothing is ever Carnivals fault...nothing is ever Carnivals fault.

yup, can't say anything negative about Carnival here the apologists are insane. Spoiler alert, when a Carnival ship catches on fire...it's Carnival's fault!

As for the radio message, that is a standard, required message when the ship is "not under command" (when it has no means of propulsion (ship blacked out)). The ship is required to show a specific set of red lights on the mast for this occurrence, but since this was during daylight, those are not always the most visible, so the VHF channel 16 announcement is made. During the day, they hoist some shapes up the mast for "not under command", but they may not have had those ready and up yet.

Always learn something new from your posts