Has anyone used "your lucky tour" ?

aprill121

I am traveling within a group of 7, My nephew is 7 and carnival does not have very "kid friendly" excursions. I found a tour on your lucky tour I would like to go on, but I would like to know if this is a reputable company?

I am traveling within a group of 7, My nephew is 7 and carnival does not have very "kid friendly" excursions. I found a tour on your lucky tour I would like to go on, but I would like to know if this is a reputable company?

We are booked with Greenway Tours because we have a 6 year old and they were one of the few who allow that age to zip line. We will be there next week and will let you know how it goes.

We are booked with Greenway Tours because we have a 6 year old and they were one of the few who allow that age to zip line. We will be there next week and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks we have a seven year old in our group and he would love that

I just booked a tour with Eduardo at your lucky tours, great customer service already, so excited

We read so many good things about Eduardo that we booked him for our upcoming cruise. He is so efficient. Aside from his prompt replies, he sent us a photo of the area where we will be meeting him in port. Now that's thinking ahead.

We used Eduardo with Your Lucky Tours in April of this year. He was GREAT. We had a group of 10 from ages of 10 to 53 and went zip lining and to the beach for lunch. He will have a lot of contact with you before you go and make it very clear where to meet him. We were on a small bus with about 22 people and he made sure we had a lot of fun. We would all use him again when we get back to Costa Rica

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our 8 day Freedom cruise and wanted to say that Eduardo and the tour, zip line and banana plantation, was great. We had 4 adults and 7 kids ranging from 6-18 with us and everyone loved the zip lining. The banana plantation was just ok and I think we were there for only 15 min.

We used Eduardo for our recent Carnival Freedom cruise. The price we paid was about half of what the ship was charging for a similar tour. As advertised, when we arrived, there was a driver with a sign with our name on it.

Our tour consisted of driving around to several places - inside the city, then to the banana plantation (we just drove by it - it wasn't open to tour or so we were told), the "ranch" (this is where the ziplines are - though we didn't do a zip line), the canals for an hour long nature boat ride where we were able to spot wildlife (sloths, monkeys, birds), and finally to a beach where we were able to swim.

The whole tour took about 4 hours - but since we were in our own taxi it could have been shorter or longer. We got back to the ship in plenty of time.

It seems to me that there aren't that many things right around Limon - and the spots we hit were the same spots everyone else hits too.

I would recommend Your Lucky Tour - everything was smooth - and again it was about half the price of the ship's tour.

I have been speaking with Euduardo from Your Lucky Tour and we are planning a tour with him for our upcoming visit to Costa Rica September this year. Hehas been very informative and I have spoken to him several times on Facebook chat. He will keep in touch with you and tell you anything you want to know and send you any pictures or anything you want to see about the places and the tours.

• 1 month later...
I have been speaking with Euduardo from Your Lucky Tour and we are planning a tour with him for our upcoming visit to Costa Rica September this year. Hehas been very informative and I have spoken to him several times on Facebook chat. He will keep in touch with you and tell you anything you want to know and send you any pictures or anything you want to see about the places and the tours.

Please let me know about the places and the tour went you return.

Thanks Texas1sttimecruiser

• 3 months later...

A group of 6 of us did a tour in Costa Rica with Your Lucky Tours on 10th January and I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

We were met at the port by the driver who had a Your Lucky Tours Board with our name on it and we were put on a rickety old 20 seater bus that had no suspension, and we bumped over and felt every rut and hole in the often very uneven and poor roads that we had to travel on to get to our tour destinations! On the tour we passed the driver's father who was driving another old bus that was transporting the plantation workers home after work, and we summised that our bus was usually used for the same purpose in the family business when it was not being used to transport tourists in "air conditioned comfort".

The driver spoke limited English and our "Guide" was a 20 year old student who had very little knowledge, was not a professional guide, and told us that he was "just along for the ride". When our "guide" did attempt to give us information during the journey we couldn't hear a word because the rickety old bus was so noisy! He also had no idea of timescales and at the last stop - the banana plantation, we arrived too late and they were closing up for the day.

We went to the Jaguar Rescue Centre which was lovely and Cahuita National Park which we also enjoyed, despite the awful transport and lack of a guide who could tell us about the plants and animals that we saw.

We chose this company from recommendations on Cruise Critic but Eduardo is obviously getting greedy and complacent and thinks that he can get away with taking bookings and then providing sub-standard transport without a professional guide.

If you want a properly guided tour in a decent, safe vehicle, do not use Your Lucky Tours!!!!!!!

We had a great tour with Eudardo we went to a small coffee plantation and to the bananna plantation and it was great even with my sons wheelchair. The bus driver and the guide were wonderful and eudardo was on our tour. The bus was a small van type bus with about 15 seats I guess and it was fine it wasnt brand new but there was nothing wrong with it. It wasnt any different than any other bus in those islands when you go on tours with the cruise line or anyone else.

I am sorry you had a bad time.

We had a great tour with Eudardo we went to a small coffee plantation and to the bananna plantation and it was great even with my sons wheelchair. The bus driver and the guide were wonderful and eudardo was on our tour. The bus was a small van type bus with about 15 seats I guess and it was fine it wasnt brand new but there was nothing wrong with it. It wasnt any different than any other bus in those islands when you go on tours with the cruise line or anyone else.

I am sorry you had a bad time.

My mother is in a wheelchair also...was the van low enough for your son to get in and out of the van. Was your tour wheelchair accessible. Thank you!

We saw plenty of normal vans and small buses taking tourists on trips, but trust me, we were on a rickety old bus that you would never want to travel in. So if you book with Eduardo , Your Lucky Tours, make sure you confirm with him what type of transport he is providing and that you are going to have a proper guide - it's what you're paying for after all.

When we met Eduardo at the port, some in our assigned group had come really early and had gone on. The others were very late, so after waiting 30 mins (we had encouraged Eduardo to wait) he put us in a cab with a local driver. I was apprehensive, but this driver was great. He showed us everything we had agreed - especially the Banana plantation tour which was the favorite thing my husband did in the 11 day cruise! And did it at the price agreed by Eduardo, which was very low. He also gave us over 6 hours when we were agreed to 4 hours, but he kept saying the time was no problem. He talked and answered questions constantly. His name was Elkin.

So I can't say how Eduardo was or his vehicles, but he did arrange a great tour for us with this local guide.

When we met Eduardo at the port, some in our assigned group had come really early and had gone on. The others were very late, so after waiting 30 mins (we had encouraged Eduardo to wait) he put us in a cab with a local driver. I was apprehensive, but this driver was great. He showed us everything we had agreed - especially the Banana plantation tour which was the favorite thing my husband did in the 11 day cruise! And did it at the price agreed by Eduardo, which was very low. He also gave us over 6 hours when we were agreed to 4 hours, but he kept saying the time was no problem. He talked and answered questions constantly. His name was Elkin.

So I can't say how Eduardo was or his vehicles, but he did arrange a great tour for us with this local guide.

Glad to hear everything went well as there was a complaint a while back. That was the first negative review I had seen for Lucky Tours. We will be using him in March.

Gail and Nels

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our cruise and used Eduardo with Lucky Tours. I had read the negative comment before our departure and wasn't sure what to expect. I am so glad we didn't cancel our tour with him. He was great and will customize your tour to whatever you want to do. We did so much more than any ship excursion offered. Don't hesitate to book him!

After hearing all the great reviews, I emailed Eduardo to ask about a tour with optional ziplining on our upcoming Freedom cruise in March. Rather than emailing me back, he actually TELEPHONED me. Like 30 minutes later. Talk about follow through! I couldn't believe it - we booked with him that day. Looking forward to our tour with him in just a few days.

:)We also just returned from being with Eduardo on Monday of this week, February 28th! He is very honest, knowledgable, friendly and dependable!

He met us with a sign with our names at the Puerto Limon gate to the port and visitor center and port shopping stalls. We had a nice small bus for about 18 or 20 and an excellent driver, William. Eduardo himself was with us the entire tour and we returned to the ship HAL's zuiderdam by 2:30 pm.

We visited a local roadside fruit and craft vendor, even tasted fresh squeezed sugar cane juice, a banana plantation, processing, washing and shipping facility; a canal tour by boat with Rupert, a handsome and knowledgable young local and eduardo too to see Sloths, birds, a crocodiles, boas and monkeys all from the safety of the boad operated by Rupert. On return to the town of Limon, Eduardo even personally accompanied us through the business districts and into shops if so desired.

We also met some new friends on our tour! We are seniors, but thouroughly enjoyed this top notch tour booked with "yourluckytours.com" at $45/per peerson!:) Also a lunch stop at Playa Bonita Beach if desired!

Milt and Tommie, Albuquerque, NM, USA

After hearing all the great reviews, I emailed Eduardo to ask about a tour with optional ziplining on our upcoming Freedom cruise in March. Rather than emailing me back, he actually TELEPHONED me. Like 30 minutes later. Talk about follow through! I couldn't believe it - we booked with him that day. Looking forward to our tour with him in just a few days.

Katp, please let us know how your tour goes! Most of the comments on YLT are positive and just want to know the service is still up to par!

Also if you have plans in PC for the canals!

Thanks!

Jacquelyn :D

We were on Carnival Freedom Feb. 12-20, 2011 and arranged a tour with Eduardo Humphreys of "Your Lucky Tours" on Feb. 16, 2011 in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. We were surprised to receive a phone call from Eduardo within 24 hours after sending an e-mail inquiry. Excellent follow-up. Per our request, he provided written detail of our tour and the price, which we printed and brought with us. We were just two couples and asked not to be part of a large group. We requested a GOOD vehicle and a GOOD tour guide. Eduardo was there to meet us at 7:40AM with our names printed on a list. He introduced us to our driver/guide. Sorry can't remember his name, but he was a local man, spoke good English, very charming. This was the best part of our tour. We loved the fact that our guide knew EVERYBODY, fist bumps everywhere we went. He complained the country was too small, everyone knows everyone. Ha ha. He did a good job pointing things out and answered our questions well. We rode in a comfortable mini-van with good A/C. The roads are another story. Kudos and thanks to the driver for dodging the many potholes!

First we went to a local fruit stand. Free samples. Introduced to "water apples."

DSCN0671.jpg

Brief stop, interesting. Sweet girl there put a red hibiscus in my hair. Next a horseback riding stable/white water rafting/ziplining place. We just stopped to look around.

Next stop, the Del Monte banana plantation.

DSCN0710.jpg

Our guide used to work there and knew everyone. We found this fascinating. He grabbed us bags of dried banana chips, totally delicious.

The highlight of our day was seeing a "BANANA FROG". They blend right in with the trees and eat mosquitoes. Still can't get over the colors on this thing!

DSCN0717-a.jpg

The Tortuguero Canal tour was next.

DSCN0774.jpg

An hour boat ride through a rainforest. The boat driver did a great job of spotting wildlife, birds, sloths, 2 and 3 toed monkeys. We got great photos.

DSCN0757-a.jpg

Last stop Bonita Beach and lunch. Eduardo was there with his larger group. He is funny and friendly. We stopped on the beach to take a photo together. Here I am with Eduardo(on my left) and our private tour guide.

DSCN0798.jpg

We had to be back onboard by 2:30. We returned in plenty of time. We even had a little time to shop. Limon is not the most beautiful area of Costa Rica, and the day was short. We felt we made the most of the limited time and got a good first taste of this country. "Your Lucky Tour" is safe and reliable, but do specify exactly what you want. The price was half the cruise ship excursion, just $45/pp. We find touring with a smaller group is best.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

We were on this Veragua rain forest and Canal Tour with YLT on March 21st. We were originally booked on Okey Dokey Tours, but changed to Eduardo and YLT after we read many negative reviews on Okey Dokey and we are happy that we did. Eduardo even called my cell phone to discuss our tour. We knew that Eduardo would not be our tour guide, as he was tied up with another group) but our tour guide/driver was fine. We were told we would get a driver and a tour guide, but it was no big deal. You do have to leave the pier and go through the fence exit from the port to meet your tour guide. They did have a sign with our name.

We went to the Veragua rain forest first (and I recommend that you organize your tour that way, since that is farther away from the port than the canal portion). You will go up a pretty long dirt and bumpy road to get to the rain forest, so be forewarned. The van we were in was comfortable and the air conditioning was good, but the road is very bumpy and your drivers skill will be greatly appreciated. At the rain forest you are met by a tour guide from Veragua, who spends several hours with you and is very knowledgeable. You see all kinds of exhibits (snakes, frogs, butterfly exhibit, etc where the butterflies fly free around you). Then you will also take a cable car from the top of the rain forest, to the floor of the forest, where you will hike to the bottom of the rain forest. We saw a two toed sloth, monkeys, a snake, and several different kinds of frogs in the wild. You return back to the top via cable car again and then you get lunch included with your tour (cold sandwich, local fruits and beverage). You will pay $65 dollars of your total tour cost when you get to the rainforest and then the rest at the end.

After the rain forest, you will go to the tortuguero canals. You will board a small boat and will have another guide. He was great finding all kinds of wildlife. We saw many different kinds of birds, lizards, iguanas, sloths, colorful crabs, and even a crocodile. Our guide was great on easing up to the wild life for picture taking and made sure that everyone had an opportunity to take their pictures. This part of the tour lasted about an hour or so.

After that we returned to downtown Puerto Limon, where our guide/driver took us to a local supermarket to buy coffee. It was a dollar or more less than the stalls by the port. We then returned to the port, and there was a good collection of stalls for buying souvenirs, and the quality and prices were better than we had seen elsewhere on our cruise.

All in all we had a great day, and our guide/driver was very friendly and answered any questions we had. He seemed to know a lot of local people. I would recommend using YLT, and be a little flexible and you will have a great day. Everyone in our group of 10 were very satisfied with the service we received and the great day we had.

Here's a hint. If you are going to buy coffee at the supermarket, have a variety of small US dollars, as any change you get will be in Costa Rican Currency. At the market by the port, they will take and return US currency.

Joe

Archived