Excursions and Insurance

pathi

We have Princess Platinum protection on our upcoming cruise. If we are unable to go on a excursion booked thru Princess, Due to injury or Illness.

Will the insurance reimburse us?

This is assuming that we dont cancel in time.

The Princss insurance is a secondary policy, meaning you submit to your own health insurance first, then the Princess policy would pay what your policy doesn't.

If you have a medical issue,you can see the ships Doctor (for a fee, of course) and they can stamp your tickets medically unable to go and you get a full refund. We have done this a couple of times over the years.

If you just decide you don't want to go, and miss the cutoff time, ?? Maybe someone else has experience with that.

Good luck....

If you're on the ship and unable to take an excursion, just put the ticket in the drop box at the Shore Excursion Desk. The amount will be credited back to your folio. If it's past the cancelation time, take the tour ticket to the Medical Center and they will stamp it. You can then drop it off and it'll be credited.

I once got a nasty cold and felt too sick to go on a tour. Went to the Medical Center to get my tour ticket stamped and they said I'd have to see the doctor. I told them no doctor but I'd go on the tour and hoped no one else caught my cold. She stamped my ticket immediately. :)

If you're injured or get sick on the ship or on an excursion, that would be covered by the Princess insurance although you would have to pay the costs up front. Insurance will reimburse you.

I once got a nasty cold and felt too sick to go on a tour. Went to the Medical Center to get my tour ticket stamped and they said I'd have to see the doctor. I told them no doctor but I'd go on the tour and hoped no one else caught my cold. She stamped my ticket immediately. :)

Pam, you sneaky little devil! There is always more than one way to skin a cat!

Just Mike

If you're injured or get sick on the ship or on an excursion, that would be covered by the Princess insurance although you would have to pay the costs up front. Insurance will reimburse you.

Like the Insurance as it paid off big time for us when the DW had heart failure and ended up having surgery. Glad we had it. The insurance paid off big time!

Just Mike

LOL... you would then be forever known as 'Typhoid Pam'.

Perfect way to do it! Thanks.