opinions on Twister ride to ISLA PASION?

Frznrth

Hi

I was looking at this on the Carnival site. Sounds like it might be fun. Has great reviews. We've been to Mexico a few times but never to Cozumel. If we did this would we be missing out on something on Cozumel? I hear Cozumel is great for snorkelling off shore - this would be my choice but the wife and teens don't care so much about snorkelling - anything else that makes Cozumel "special"? Any snorkelling on Isla Pasion that I could do while the family is lounging on the beach?

Would love to hear what you think.

Thanks

I wanted to do that excursion but my travel buddy didn’t like the cost. I wanted to try the north end of the island as my earlier experience with the western side was that the sand and water were gross. People on CC suggested I might like the conditions in the north better.

Well I had to do another western-island excursion and it was still gross. (Sand is like cornmeal or sesame seeds.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wasn’t impressed with this excursion. It was too windy to see anything snorkeling wise. The boat ride was ok. Food on the island wasn’t great. Drinks were watery. Would go to a resort on Cozumel next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

Does anyone know if you can go for the boat ride without the beach part?

If you poke around online there are boat online experiences. I think I’m just going to avoid Coz henceforth. [emoji12]

ETA I can’t find the experience I remember reading about. I’ll keep trying.

Also if you want to go there and have a group of 4 or more same excursion is cheaper on shoreexcursioneer.com.

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><

• 4 months later...
I really liked this excursion. The Twister boat is fun, the beach is beautiful and the drinks and food are great. There is no snorkeling though. I did not see any fish in the water.

Did you book through Carnnival or another operator?

Both my mom (74) and I (53) had a wonderful time on this excursion. But we are roller coaster people. We loved the twister boat. We aren’t big drinkers and the food was just so so, but we enjoyed the beach....and did I say how much we loved the twister boat?

This summer we are going on a cruise with my dad (78), brother (52), nephew (18) and boyfriend (59). They all get seasick easily. Needless to say, we are not going to do this excursion with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I have been to Isla Passion twice before (years ago) and we are going back again next week. Have not done the boat ride there. The beach is amazing, perfect blue water that you see to the bottom even when chest deep and beautiful white sand. Lots of fish too. Had an older couple we meet the first time we went show us if you take some bread or chips out in the water big angle type fish will come eat it out of your hand. Food and drinks were great the times we went. This is one of the beaches that Corona beer use to film their commercials at. For us it is always our first choice for Cozumel. We cruise on RCI and we used the ship excursion to go then. Now you can't get there through ship excursions on RCI so I booked through a friend who is a travel agent. The one other beach we went to was Playa Mia. It was over crowded and felt like a tourist trap, Isla Passion is not that. Lots of room and not over crowded, not much development. Just perfect beach.