Sky Questions

cruisekitty22

We are interested on going on the Sky in December. What age groups are usually on this ship? Are there lots of kids? Any pros and cons about this ship as to the open bar?

I would think this would be very popular with the college age group especially in December during winter break. Keep in mind that there is a lot of “free” alcohol flowing, which may or may not be your thing.

Depends when in December you are going. The last two weeks will have quite a few kids as they are out of school. The first few weeks of December there will be very few children. We sailed the weekend after Thanksgiving and we maybe saw 10 kids on board and they tended to be in the 8-12 age range - didn't see very many small kids or teens. Most cruisers were 20s to 40s, but there were plenty of folks in the 50+ bracket. I'd say the average age was mid 40s to early 50s.

I'd say 70%+ were from Florida and a bulk of that was from the Miami area. The ship definitely caters to the Miami population with a lot of live Latin music and dancing at night. There were a few folks every night that had a little too much to drink (no more than any other cruise, IMO) but over all I think most people were pretty well behaved - the crowd was definitely livelier than a 7-night cruise but it was not a drunken #$&*-show either.

The open bar is nice - no need to give a card each time for a drink, just order whatever you want and it shows up!

This was our first "short" cruise and we had a fantastic time. Would definitely do it again.

I sailed the 4-day Sky cruise in 2016 with 10 friends ranging in age from early 30s and early 70s. All had a great time, and agree with the previous poster who said it wasn't a drunken, crazy time like many purport it to be. The ship was in great ship, staff are friendly, and the open bar was nice to have. Love getting to GSC when it sails that itinerary. We'd sail the Sky again in a heartbeat!