fly snooze & cruise help needed

amalia72

Hi,

On May we will be going on our first cruise, this will also be our first visit to the USA clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

We will be sailing from Port Canaveral and arriving a night before the cruise in Orlando airport.

I was thinking that a "fly snooze & cruise" package will be the most convenient solution - but I can not seem to find one )-:

Would appreciate any help you can offer clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Hi,

On May we will be going on our first cruise, this will also be our first visit to the USA :cool:

We will be sailing from Port Canaveral and arriving a night before the cruise in Orlando airport.

I was thinking that a "fly snooze & cruise" package will be the most convenient solution - but I can not seem to find one )-:

Would appreciate any help you can offer :cool:

Unless you book air , hotel and transfers thru the cruise line you won't find one.

Welcome to the boards! :cool:

Go Port Canaveral offers some hotels with stay & shuttle packages: https://www.goportcanaveral.com/

We prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range - many near the MCO airport, assuming you will be jet lagged) and make our way to the port the morning of the cruise. We usually use a one-way car rental - giving us the flexibility to stay, dine and shop where we want. There are several shuttle companies that will get you from the MCO airport (and a few nearby hotels) to the port. Cortrans, Travelynx and Cocoa Beach shuttle are the most often suggested.

Post cruise, unless your flight leaves after about 1:30-2:00 I would not bother with a car rental -- just use a shuttle and enjoy lunch at MCO after you check in and clear TSA.

Good luck with your planning and have a great cruise! :D

PS If any of this helps you owe me a beer - anything cold and local will be fine ;)

They rock, and it looks like they've improved a lot since I first used them. Check out there reviews on tripadvisor, google, and facebook. They had some bumps around this time last year but they've made some changes and the reviews show that. Best of luck!

They rock, and it looks like they've improved a lot since I first used them. Check out there reviews on tripadvisor, google, and facebook. They had some bumps around this time last year but they've made some changes and the reviews show that. Best of luck!

And who might we be talking about?

Just returned for a fly sleep cruise this past weekend. We used Comfort Inn on cocoa beach and they handled all the details. The used 888 transportation from MCO and Beach Transportation from hotel. We spent a night at the hotel on our return otherwise they will line up transportation from Pier to MCO. Could probably save lining up all the transportations yourself but first our first cruise it worked out great. TripAdvisor has mixed reviews on Comfort Inn but we were pleased and only a block from beach!

Just returned for a fly sleep cruise this past weekend. We used Comfort Inn on cocoa beach and they handled all the details. The used 888 transportation from MCO and Beach Transportation from hotel. We spent a night at the hotel on our return otherwise they will line up transportation from Pier to MCO. Could probably save lining up all the transportations yourself but first our first cruise it worked out great. TripAdvisor has mixed reviews on Comfort Inn but we were pleased and only a block from beach!

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Hope you had a great cruise! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the Comfort Inn and the fly snooze and cruise package. We will be staying there next month the night before our cruise. We decided we didn't need anything fancy but just a clean hotel room with restaurants, stores and the beach near by. So thank you! I will give a review once we arrive home after our cruise. :)