Choosing a TPA Pre-Cruise Hotel

MistyRo76

I am cruising out of TPA for the first time next April. In Miami I have my go-to hotels. But have never stayed in TPA before. We will fly in the day before our cruise arriving as early as we possibly can. We like as much time as possible to relax and enjoy ourselves pre-cruise. Bonus - we are leaving our soon to be four year old at home with the grandparents. So this is our vacation to do with whatever we please!

Our "must-haves" for a pre-cruise hotel are:

Nice Pool Area & Outdoor Entertainment Areas

Walk-ability to Restaurants/Bars (or other easy transportation to get around)

Grocery Store/Liquor Store Nearby (to purchase carry-on wine and other last minute items)

Breakfast Available On-Site (included would be nice)

Since it's just the hubby and I, we'll probably just Uber/Lyft to the hotel, so having a shuttle from the airport isn't a must.

Based on my research I've narrowed it down to the following properties:

Marriott Tampa Waterside

Hilton Tampa Downtown

Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa/Ybor City/Downtown

Any feedback on these properties would be great! Prices aren't available yet for next April. But I know that the Marriott and Hilton options will be pricier than the Hampton, which is fine. I'm willing to splurge since it's just the two of us!

Thanks!

Misty

Hotels in the Rocky Point area meet you reeds - pools, walkability, dining, etc. Hampton Inn, Chase Suites and others. All offer free airport shuttles and some include shuttles to the port.

Hotels in the Rocky Point area meet you reeds - pools, walkability, dining, etc. Hampton Inn, Chase Suites and others. All offer free airport shuttles and some include shuttles to the port.

Thanks...I checked out the Rocky Point area and I think we prefer to be downtown/near Ybor City. I really prefer to not take shuttles if I can help it. With as cheap as Uber/Lyft are, that should more than meet our needs. But I appreciate the feedback!