Doubletree San Pedro/Super Shuttle Info

Seacreature101

Hello to all:

Quick post here as I read so many before we travel and want to give back.

We were on the delayed sailing of the Crown November 15th. Yes. That one.

We used Super Shuttle and they were very good both ways. No problem when I had to delay our return an hour and called to let them know. Would definitely use again.

We stayed at the Doubletree San Pedro. Had first floor room with balcony. Had marina view. Balcony is elevated a bit as it is not right on street level. Marina nice. Can walk around if you like. And, walk alot as there is NOTHING else nearby. Nothing you can walk to unless you want to take a short hike. Well, we are in our late fifties so you may be more of a hoofer than us. At any rate, there is a van that will take you within a five mile radius and they were great. You should plan to tip them about $7 - $10. We used shuttle three or four times as we were there for two nights due to delay of Crown. Drivers very friendly and helpful. Front desk will call them for you and you can call them to come get you. There is a CVS they will take you to that sells beer and wine and other CVS stuff. Day Staff at front desk was nice but one female was not pleasant. Elizabeth was wonderful and she was a definite asset to this place. Room was clean and nice and I believe first floor may be in best condition from what I understand. Don't get me wrong. The place was fine just showing a little age. Housekeeping was great. We at breakfast buffet two times ($16.00 per person) and it was very good with cooked to order omelettes as well. Ate lunch outside overlooking marina one day. There is a Happy Hour some time but we never made it. They have shuttle to port and you need to request time when you check in. Internet available in lobby at no charge and they have computers you can use if you don't bring your own. We rode to town in van and definitely would not be strolling around at night. We ate at the 22 restaurant - can't remember name and it was good. Went to shops at the Port Village. Ate dinner one night at Doubletree and it was good too. To add garden salad it was $6.00. Not cheap but very convenient under the circumstances with no car. Van will not take you to Long Beach so use taxi. We did not. Pool looked fine. Had hot tube and gym.

Overall we would stay here again but only for one night without car. Again, Elizabeth made it nice as I did not enjoy attitude of other female working with her. Oh well...

If you have a question, I will try to answer.

Thanks for your review. We stayed at the Doubletree a couple of years ago and found it pretty much the same. As a "small town girl" I found the prices of the buffet and the restaurant extremely high!

The next time we sailed from San Pedro we stayed at the Crown Plaza and enjoyed being able to walk to less expensive restaurants and more interesting shops than the Marina area at the Doubletree.

Happy sails,

I just got off the Grand Princess Nov 19th sailing and have stayed at the Double Tree and the Crown. The restaurant near the Double Tree is the 22nd Street Landing. Great place for seafood my wife enjoyed it. The only reason the Crown didn't get my business this year was the fact that they wanted over $100 more than what I paid last year for a park and cruise. I called the Double Tree and their price was what I paid at the Crown the year before so I took it. I found both the Crown and the Double Tree to be very nice places for a park and cruise package. I would just check to see who has the better rate when booking. I did hear from people on our cruise that the Best Western Plus in San Pedro has a park and cruise package that is a very affordable rate. They even have covered parking and will drive you to the port. I wouldn't even mention this other than the fact that I heard it from more than one couple and they were pretty pleased. I hope this information will help fellow cruisers on the west coast. Tim