Restaurant in San Pedro

xyankee

Staying at the Crowne Plaza San Pedro for 1 night prior to a cruise on the Ruby Princess in September. Has anyone eaten at either Port O'Call or San Pedro Fish Market and Restaurant? Saw the S.P. Fish Market and Restaurant on TV a few nights ago and it looked real good. Both appear to be within walking distance of The Crowne Plaza, approximately 0.7 miles away.

I tend to stay away from the eateries in the Ports O' Call complex...It's all a little "Third Worldly" down there...You'll order at a counter, then compete for open table space at large picnic tables--open air (but under a roof)...On weekends, it can be a complete zoo...

It's interesting to walk through there, but not my idea of a relaxing meal...

I am very partial to the San Pedro Brewing Company...Of course, that's a different kind of experience...It is up in the Downtown area--next block down from the Crowne Plaza...It is a microbrewery with a very ecclectic menu and great food...you eat indoors (though they also have an "outdoor patio" section)...with actual waiter service, soft drink refills, etc.

If you want a particularly seafood restaurant, you may consider catching a cab (or asking if the hotel will shuttle you) down to the 22nd Street Landing...

If you want to eat on the waterfront, another option close to the CP is Acapulco...It is a local Mexican Food chain--one fairly attuned to "Gringo" tastes--reasonably priced...I've had drinks on the patio--on afternoons when cruise ships are departing...It's cool because the ship will cruise right by the restaurant....then I've gone insoide for dinner...

There are also several other good restaurants within a couple of blocks of the Crowne Plaza...Do a search on posts by "Wineaux" on this board...He's a San Pedro local who lives and also has a shop (sells wine) just a couple of blocks from the CP...and he's often posted a list of his favorite local restaurants...

Thanks Steve. My wife and I took your advice last year when staying at the Double Tree and ate dinner at 22nd Street Landing. The wife really This year we will be at the Crown so we will take your advice since you seem to know all of the good places to eat in San Pedro.

Tim