Pre cruise hotels - Fort Lauderdale

windsurferfirst

Ok so I have 3 rooms booked in 3 different hotels, just can't make my mind up as to which one I want to stay in.

Hilton Marina

Tower room King

Renaissance FL Cruise port Hotel

Club Level room King

Riverside Hotel

Executive Tower king.

Any thoughts or experience on these hotel would be most gratefully received. I am leaning towards one but I won't name it until I get some input from you guys.

We always stay at the Renaissance. We like it because we can walk to so much. Plus we love to look at the ships in port in the morning. We also just go out front and grab a cab instead of fighting the crowds for the shuttle. Just tried to book it for our cruise in April but looks like it's full up.

We always stay at the Renaissance. We like it because we can walk to so much. Plus we love to look at the ships in port in the morning. We also just go out front and grab a cab instead of fighting the crowds for the shuttle. Just tried to book it for our cruise in April but looks like it's full up.

Thanks for your reply. Is there somewhere close by the Renaissance to buy a couple of bottles of wine for to take on the ship?

If you get the chance, feel free to scope out the similar thread i posted weeks ago, i got some insightful feedbacks from past guests and most importantly the locals of FL.

*Spoiler Alert * The Riverside Hotel. Sorry can't seem to send the link thru this tapatalk app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really didn't give us enough information to make an informed decision such as what time does your flight arrive on what day? Will you have a rental car? Will you be going out to dinner? What kind of restaurants do you like? Do you want to go to the beach or go shopping or do nothing at all?

The Hilton and the Renaissance are the exact same location so there is no differentiation in that category. There is a CVS across the street where you can select from a limited inventory of common, popular wines or you can go just under a mile west on 17th Street to Total Wine in the Harbor Shops. There you can wander up and down the aisles in indecision trying to choose a wine from their inventory that numbers in the thousands.

The Riverside is Downtown on the River a completely different vibe, experience and surroundings. There are lots of hoighty-toighty restaurants and shops. I refer to it as "lots of plastic people doing plastic things with plastic." I spent half my life in the restaurant industry and I'm happy with a great cheeseburger or grouper sandwich from a place like Nick's on the Hollywood Broadwalk or Jimbo's Sandbar in Dania Beach. To each his own, though. The Riverside location is farther away from the airport and port so the commute and taxi fare will be considerably more.

Without knowing your itinerary or your preferences I don't know what else to tell you.

You really didn't give us enough information to make an informed decision such as what time does your flight arrive on what day? Will you have a rental car? Will you be going out to dinner? What kind of restaurants do you like? Do you want to go to the beach or go shopping or do nothing at all?

The Hilton and the Renaissance are the exact same location so there is no differentiation in that category. There is a CVS across the street where you can select from a limited inventory of common, popular wines or you can go just under a mile west on 17th Street to Total Wine in the Harbor Shops. There you can wander up and down the aisles in indecision trying to choose a wine from their inventory that numbers in the thousands.

The Riverside is Downtown on the River a completely different vibe, experience and surroundings. There are lots of hoighty-toighty restaurants and shops. I refer to it as "lots of plastic people doing plastic things with plastic." I spent half my life in the restaurant industry and I'm happy with a great cheeseburger or grouper sandwich from a place like Nick's on the Hollywood Broadwalk or Jimbo's Sandbar in Dania Beach. To each his own, though. The Riverside location is farther away from the airport and port so the commute and taxi fare will be considerably more.

Without knowing your itinerary or your preferences I don't know what else to tell you.

Here I go again with not giving enough info to get my question answered. :)

Flight arrives at 6pm on a Saturday so all we really wanted to do was go check-in get something nice to eat have a stroll round and buy a couple of bottles of wine to take with us. Not interested in the beach as we did that last time. We like high end hotels we are done with compromising on our choice of hotels, quality and service are important to us.

We've stayed at the Hilton and the Renaissance. The Renaissance is more convenient to restaurants and you can walk to Total Wine. The Club level amenities are great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I reserved a Club Level room but apparently its not open on Saturdays?

Here I go again with not giving enough info to get my question answered. :)

Flight arrives at 6pm on a Saturday so all we really wanted to do was go check-in get something nice to eat have a stroll round and buy a couple of bottles of wine to take with us. Not interested in the beach as we did that last time. We like high end hotels we are done with compromising on our choice of hotels, quality and service are important to us.

I reserved a Club Level room but apparently its not open on Saturdays?

Then the Riverside is your kinda place.

I would recommend the Riverside Hotel. It is in the nicest part of downtown, surrounded by independent restaurants from casual to fine dining, boutiques, and galleries. It's where the locals and tourists go at night. You can buy wine at Cheese Culture on Las Olas Blvd. If you aren't fussy about wines, you can buy wine at CVS on US1.

Renaissance is also very nice and you can walk to great dining at Boatyard or Market 17 on the same block, reservations highly recommended. Total Wine is a few blocks away and has the best selection in town.

I would not recommend Hilton Marina for your parameters.