Progressive Cruise Check-In Times & Guaranteed Cabin questions

drewdrewcruiser

Hi - My parents are scheduled to sail on 4/8 on the Ruby Princess. I just received an email about check-in times based on cabin location. This is something new (to me) as they didn't receive this type of check-in info on their Alaska cruise last June. My question is...they are in a guaranteed category BB cabin and the cabin has not yet been assigned. What time should they arrive? Here are the times listed:

1:00p - Dolphin & Riviera Decks

1:30p - Caribe & Aloha Decks

2:00p - Emerald & Lida Decks

2:30p - Baja & Plaza Decks

From what I can tell, category BB is on Baja and Aloha (deck 11 & 12).

I've always been told to arrive as early as possible. If you arrive earlier than the time listed, will they not check you in?

Also - if they do not receive a cabin assignment before the sail date, how does their luggage get to their cabin? The luggage tag just says "to be assigned". They normally leave their luggage with one of the people outside the port. Since they don't have a cabin assignment, do they have to bring their luggage inside when they check-in?

Thanks!

Hi - My parents are scheduled to sail on 4/8 on the Ruby Princess. I just received an email about check-in times based on cabin location. This is something new (to me) as they didn't receive this type of check-in info on their Alaska cruise last June. My question is...they are in a guaranteed category BB cabin and the cabin has not yet been assigned. What time should they arrive? Here are the times listed:

I've always been told to arrive as early as possible. If you arrive earlier than the time listed, will they not check you in?

Also - if they do not receive a cabin assignment before the sail date, how does their luggage get to their cabin? The luggage tag just says "to be assigned". They normally leave their luggage with one of the people outside the port. Since they don't have a cabin assignment, do they have to bring their luggage inside when they check-in?

Thanks!

Progressive check-in has been the norm for a few years now. I would wager that they got notified last year, but didn't see it.

It's really just a suggestion to help ease early crowding. They can just show up whenever they want and they won't have to wait till their designated time to board.

From what I understand, the porters should have a list of the cabins that have been assigned close to sailing.

Progressive check-in has been the norm for a few years now. I would wager that they got notified last year, but didn't see it.

Haha...yes...knowing my parents, that is probably what happened....or they did see it and forgot to tell me. :)

Thanks for the info about the porters having a list of cabin assignments. Didn't know that. I thought that the cabins aren't known until they are actually standing at the desk ready to check-in.

It is also possible / maybe even likely they will have a cabin assigned prior to them leaving for their cruise. It varies when it happens from early in the booking until closer to leaving. They don't always notify you that they have assigned a cabin, so keep checking in the Personalizer online.

It is also possible / maybe even likely they will have a cabin assigned prior to them leaving for their cruise. It varies when it happens from early in the booking until closer to leaving. They don't always notify you that they have assigned a cabin, so keep checking in the Personalizer online.

I will definitely keep checking. Thank you!

Thanks!

Just off the Ruby yesterday.

They should receive their cabin assignment by the time they leave, they can check the personalizer up to sailing day. It will be reflected in the travel summary/bag tag link.

Suggested boarding times by deck are not enforced.

Check in started around 10:45 and boarding was 11:45.

Thanks!

One cruise we didn't get our assignment till we arrived. The Steward where you check in the luggage has a list and puts tags on your bags or in our case wrote on the tags I already had on them.

How early can a non-elite show up? We are in the first boarding "suggested" time at 12:30 out of San Pedro in a couple weeks. If I show up at 10:30, will I just be sitting there for a couple hours?

How early can a non-elite show up? We are in the first boarding "suggested" time at 12:30 out of San Pedro in a couple weeks. If I show up at 10:30, will I just be sitting there for a couple hours?

It does not take long for the initial rush (Suites/Eltes/Platinum) to board so if you get there early you can get in the first regular group boarding.

You check in at the same time everyone else does.

We sit there for an hour or 2 anyway if we get there at 10:00.

Suggestions are not enforced. If you want to board asap then get there by 10:30.

Boarding usually starts close to noon.

So if you arrive at 10:30, you will be waiting for boarding to start and then for any priority boarders before you can board. So expect a wait of from 1 to 1.5 hours if you arrive 1.5 hours before boarding starts.

We usually arrive just after noon and have just a bit of a wait time in the checking in and security lines. Never seen anyone told to wait outside because they're too early.