Can anyone help me understand this cancellation letter?

poobears

In the future, you might just go on a different cruise line. Up to 90 days out, you get a "full" refund without all this playing around!

That's a crock. You can do the exact same thing on Carnival as long as you don't select ES which the OP actually changed to instead of sticking with their original rate code. Is it possible you could stop lying to others so they won't become confused......is it actually possible???? :rolleyes:

That's a crock. You can do the exact same thing on Carnival as long as you don't select ES which the OP actually changed to instead of sticking with their original rate code. Is it possible you could stop lying to others so they won't become confused......is it actually possible???? :rolleyes:

Its unlikely. Haters gotta hate.

In the future, you might just go on a different cruise line. Up to 90 days out, you get a "full" refund without all this playing around!

If you pick the wrong booking category and screw yourself, you have no one but yourself to blame.

Shoot me over an email at firemanbobswife at ymail dot com. I'll see if I can send the form to have the credit switched to you. I almost did this once myself. Had them send me the form just in case.

Awesome thank you, I will send you an email from poobears @ ymail :D

There was no gotcha here. I've booked ES several times. I know the risks going in and reaped the rewards many times. The $200 lost this time was nothing compared to what we've saved with last minute price drops in the past. As long as we can salvage the rest of the deposit it's no big deal at all.

Though prices rarely drop in our categories anymore since we book Lido now they sell out before they get a chance to so our ES days are probably about over.

The girls and I will probably sail this spring so no problem getting the credit used before it expires.

If you pick the wrong booking category and screw yourself, you have no one but yourself to blame.

I didn't book the wrong category, I knew exactly what I was booking, no complaints and I didn't blame anyone else so not sure what your point was there. :p