Breeze - cabin location

Loritd

We are looking at taking a cruise on the Breeze in July. We are wanting adjoining balcony cabins and are options are deck 2 or deck 11. I have seen in pictures the balcony railings on deck 2 are metal with open portions. Are all the railing like that on deck 2? We are traveling with our two year old granddaughter and the open section scares me. I also prefer being higher up on the ship but I am wondering about the noise level. The granddaughter still takes a nap. Will the noise from the lido deck or the spa & sports deck be a problem? I appreciate any advice. thanks, Lori

The cove balconies on deck 2 are enclosed with a large opening in the center which would be very safe for a toddler. I haven't done a cove but I've heard good things about them. Unless there's rain or rough seas then they get quite wet and are unusable. We did deck 11 on the Breeze last year and loved it. I'm a very light sleeper, the slightest noise wakes me up, but our spa cabin was very quiet. Cabins on decks 11 & 12 get free spa access. And we loved the spa, especially the thelasso therapy pool.

Never done a 2nd fl cove balcony , The 11th floor is spa cabins , really quite area to be in ...May not be good for a 2 year old You will have use of the spa all week , but the 2 year old will not be allowed to go to spa area

Not all Deck 11 cabins are spa cabins- only those most forward... we were in a spa balcony cabin last cruise and it was very quiet... closer to the middle of the ship you have Lido below you and Waterworks above you... may mean more sounds during the day, but shouldn't be loud at night... maybe check out the specific deck plan for cabins you're considering and see what's above and what's below.

From what I've seen, in person and in pictures, there are no openings that a little one could fit their head through on the balcony railing. As was said above, the cove balconies are solid metal below. The rest of the balconies I've seen are tempered glass.

Also you can go to shipcabins dot com and here on Cruise Critic- search for a specific cabin number and sometimes you'll find a review, often with pictures.

Note- if you take a spa cabin, you get free access to the spa and all its amenities... it costs $259 per couple for the same thing if you're not in a spa cabin. Check out what that offers you and see if it's worth it to you.

Edited by Shaded Lady

Thank you for your responses. We have two cabins held on Deck 11 not in the spa portion. We had a tough time finding two cabins that would hold three each. Now to get the son in law to decide if he wants to go.:rolleyes:

We had a cove balcony on Breeze on our last cruise, and as adults without kids loved it.

I don't recall any openings in the metal hull below the railing where a toddler could possibly get through. But if your a 2 year old is a climber it might be a temptation to climb up on the rail to see over, since the view is completely blocked below the rail by the steel hull. On the higher deck balconies there is a plexiglass panel below the rail, so they can at least see and may be less tempted to climb.

Personally, with a child at that inquisitive and quite mobile age we would feel safer in one of the spacious ocean view rooms. You would same a little money, have a larger room, and be freed from some worry.

And the spa is really nice, but with a 2 year old I doubt you would have time to really enjoy it on this cruise.

Edited by James in SA

Thank you for your responses. We have two cabins held on Deck 11 not in the spa portion. We had a tough time finding two cabins that would hold three each. Now to get the son in law to decide if he wants to go.:rolleyes:

Make sure those two cabins are not under the gym. I bet the constant sound of people running on treadmills or lifting and dropping weights would not be conducive to a nap.

Personally, with a child at that inquisitive and quite mobile age we would feel safer in one of the spacious ocean view rooms. You would same a little money, have a larger room, and be freed from some worry.

I respectfully disagree. A balcony is the best place for adults to hang out while a toddler naps in the cabin.

We are on the Breeze in April and when I made the reservation in November I was not at all happy with the remaining room options. About a month later many new options got available and now as we are approaching final payment, new rooms are popping up.

I think this is very typically and therefore I would suggest you to go with this cove balconies and then when you further out find the rooms you really want, then you can upgrade. It's not possible to downgrade, but never a problem to upgrade 😉 Of cause it's a gamble, but maybe someone here or at Carnival can confirm that it's normal for more rooms to be available. In my case it was exactly 4 months on the date that more room became available.