Brightline Starts Service!!

BlueHerons

I am hopeful to use this service at the end of March for transfer from West Palm Airport to Miami port Hotel.

The other options are Rent a car or find a way to FLL and shuttle from there... Quoted 225 for shuttle from PBI - Miami ( not reasonable ) .

Any other options ?

I am hopeful to use this service at the end of March for transfer from West Palm Airport to Miami port Hotel.

The other options are Rent a car or find a way to FLL and shuttle from there... Quoted 225 for shuttle from PBI - Miami ( not reasonable ) .

Any other options ?

This is discussed on other threads all the time. Rental car to one of the car company drop off near the port, not at the airport. Dropping off near the port will likely save you 25-30%. It did for us with Hertz, at their 24th St office, less than 2 blocks from the port gate. They have a shuttle to the port. As discussed in the many threads, most of the car companies no longer shuttle to the port from the airport.

1) if a new cruise ship had come online and had 4 deaths in its first week of operation, would your reaction be different? Like maybe, the life line/rail was too low and 4 folks fell over? Oh the stupid people who went to the rail .... right?

2) a FL state rep has called for a shut down due to lack of safety precautions ...... maybe this was approved too fast!

3) would you want it in YOUR backyard?

dd lives yards from the West Palm station ..... when I first saw it, and knowing it was supposed to be a high speed train, I thought: "You're kidding?" IMO a disaster by design .....

1) if a new cruise ship had come online and had 4 deaths in its first week of operation, would your reaction be different? Like maybe, the life line/rail was too low and 4 folks fell over? Oh the stupid people who went to the rail .... right? Knowing that that there are standards for ship rail construction, just like there are for rail construction and operation, I would look for proof something had been done wrong. Lacking that, human error and stupidity raises to the top. The fact that many discussions here have indicated humans attempted to cross against signals doesn't indicate that the train is at fault. Now, if you can say with some seriousness that the safety features weren't operating correctly...maybe we have something. But knowing the months of testing our local passenger service went through, and no indications of equipment failure in your cases...

2) a FL state rep has called for a shut down due to lack of safety precautions ...... maybe this was approved too fast! Florida doesn't have a lot of say. The Federal Rail Administration is the primary regulator, and as such, is the one to approve or not approve rail service.

3) would you want it in YOUR backyard? I live less than an airmile from a active railroad, and I knew that when I bought this house 29 years ago. Did your daughter not know the tracks were there when she moved in?

dd lives yards from the West Palm station ..... when I first saw it, and knowing it was supposed to be a high speed train, I thought: "You're kidding?" IMO a disaster by design .....

Is this the same rail line that Amtrak runs on?

You do understand that trains can only run in certain places...on tracks, which are far more limited than roadways. So if you happen to be standing on that very small area that puts you in front of a moving train, of any speed, it is hard to say the train hit you! It is far more rational to say you got in the way of a moving train.

All of these incidents are because people tried to cross the tracks when the arms were already down, the sirens going off and the lights flashing.

... and a huge, bright colored, highly visible train coming with a loud horn.

Is this the same rail line that Amtrak runs on?

No. Amtrak and TriRail run on the tracks near 95.

Brightline (FEC) has different tracks running through town closer to route 1.

The gates are only required at vehicular intersections.

If the road stops on one side of the tracks and starts back up on the other side, there is no requirement for crossing gates. Here is a pedestrian crossing over the Brightline route.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.518574,-80.0606473,3a,60y,288.72h,96.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIwYrhji_QtNhf3UX9UWxXA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656