Carnival Conquest - Review January 2018

coldweather

Glad to hear you Enjoyed this sailing as like others my DW and I are on an up coming sailing. Did you us Carnival Transfers to get from airport to cruise port? What I am hearing is that's it's only 15 min from FLL to the cruise terminal and a taxi or Lift service maybe better.

Thanks again for your info. Matt

Glad to hear you Enjoyed this sailing as like others my DW and I are on an up coming sailing. Did you us Carnival Transfers to get from airport to cruise port? What I am hearing is that's it's only 15 min from FLL to the cruise terminal and a taxi or Lift service maybe better.

Thanks again for your info. Matt

We arrived in Florida a few days prior to the sailing. Our hotel provided a transfer to the port for $15pp. The airport is very, very close to the port. It was fun to go to the top deck of the ship and watch the planes take off/land.

We arrived in Florida a few days prior to the sailing. Our hotel provided a transfer to the port for $15pp. The airport is very, very close to the port. It was fun to go to the top deck of the ship and watch the planes take off/land.

Thanks for the reply Think we will just book the transfers then $32.00 each round trip and not worry about getting there. Who needs WORRIES on VACATION.

Matt

Embarkation was a fast as we could walk onto the ship. I can't remember exactly what time we arrived but I think it was noon. After dropping luggage with the porter we walked to the embarkation area. They split the arriving folks into 2 lines. 1 - Those who arrived within their appointed time and 2-Those who arrived early or late for their appointed time.

We arrived at the last minute of our appointed time. Walked right up to the metal detectors/carry on screening. At this point they swipe your passport and copy the picture from your passport into their system. This is the photo that gets associated with your card. Since I had completed all of my pre-embarkation questions including registering a credit card, we just walked onto the ship. I am not kidding it was 8 minutes from dropping luggage to being ON the ship.

The other line that had the arriving early/late people did have a small line. This was the fastest embarkation possible. :-)

thank you for the great embarkation details. Traveling with senior parents and was worried about us being separated as we have platinum & sometimes they keep the keycards in a lounge. When did they make the key cards for you? Gee my passport photo us worse than drivers license!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for this review. Getting excited as we have the same itinerary. Happy dance!! Do you remember if they had the 80's dress up night and the white night? Did you have late night dining and if so did you find that the theater was full by the time you arrived after dinner? Is there anything you wish you had brought or done to make it even more fun? Do you have a copy of the fun times for this review as I can't seem to find the one for Nassau. Cheers!!

Did you ever find an answer to your question about the 80's night or the white night? I am also wondering.

Did you ever find an answer to your question about the 80's night or the white night? I am also wondering.

I asked someone about that a while back and they said that on their sailing there were no theme nights. But every carnival cruise I’ve been on has had a theme night so I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
One more thing to point out, Carnival offers a wine package where you pay for 5 bottles of wine that you can select from a list of about 20 wines. You receive a voucher that you just exchange for the wine. We didn't do this because our cruise was short and we already carried on 2 bottles. When I return to Carnival I will definitely look for this wine special.

Where did you buy the 2 bottles of wine you carried on? Flying in day of cruise and using Carnival transfers from airport. Is there a liquor store by port or should I look in the airport before getting on the bus. Any help ?

Thank you for such a complete review. Very helpful. We will be on Carnival Conquest on April 22 sailing and I have many questions. Would appreciate any help posters here can give.

I can't seem to find info on the Carnival site about the wine package. Can someone point me to it, please?

Are all non-main dining room restaurants additional cost like chef's Table? Do we have to reserve for them or just line up?

At what time do shows usually start? By the time we booked, the only available dining time was 8:15 and I'm wondering if that will preclude our seeing the major shows.

Thank you for such a complete review. Very helpful. We will be on Carnival Conquest on April 22 sailing and I have many questions. Would appreciate any help posters here can give.

I can't seem to find info on the Carnival site about the wine package. Can someone point me to it, please? You can purchase 3 or five bottles in different tiers of pricing starting at around $99. Google Carnival wine packages. you can purchase this first day on ship

Are all non-main dining room restaurants additional cost like chef's Table? Do we have to reserve for them or just line up? Chef's table, steakhouse are additional charge. You can book online on Carnival Manage my booking or the first day of your cruise when you get on board

At what time do shows usually start? By the time we booked, the only available dining time was 8:15 and I'm wondering if that will preclude our seeing the major shows.

Late show is at 10:15