Adventure Ocean Question-Child Turning 6 during Cruise?

Looking at Spring break next year. My daughter will be 5 on the day of sailing and turn 6 a few days later. Will she remain with the 3-5 group at AO or be moved up mid-cruise? My 3 year old son will be with her, so my preference would be for her to remain in the 3-5 group (plus wouldn’t want her to have to acclimate to a whole new setting & group of kids mid-trip).

If anyone has experience with a similar situation, I would love to hear how it went for you. Ship is Oasis if it makes a difference. Thank you!

I think they can allow it at their discretion. When we were on Anthem, my kids were 4 and 6. We asked if we could let the older one stay with his brother. Also we didn't want him with the older kids since they were just playing video games from what I could tell.

I have a daughter who is 8 years old but will be turning 9 a couple days after the cruise. She is quite mature for her age, and I am wondering if they would let her into the 9 and older age range?

Theyll usually move a kid around a group within 3-6months of their birthday (up or down), however, any age group change is only ever a trail and if they feel a kid will do better in another group they'll move them.

Also, you havent said which ship, some ships still have 6-8's and 9-11's all together.

Thanks for the info...good to be able to go up in age range, bad to be playing video games all day. My daughter wouldn't mind though.

The ship I was on didn't have any video games in adventure ocean. Just a wii and xbox for the teens...

They'll work with you as much as they can, at the end of the day they want the kids to be happy and have fun.