Aft cabins on Serenade of the seas

4nutty

We are looking at booking Serenade, sailing from Sydney to Perth, we are trying to decide between cabin 8170 & 8168, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated? I think the cabins are the same but it’s the balconies that differ.

We are looking at booking Serenade, sailing from Sydney to Perth, we are trying to decide between cabin 8170 & 8168, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated? I think the cabins are the same but it’s the balconies that differ.

Great corner view

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

8168 has a balcony that wraps around to the side. It's pretty narrow, though, in the wrap around part. We did a B2B in February in this cabin and loved the location. We also had the best ever cabin steward, Clinton! The balcony had two lounge chairs, two regulars chairs, a pub table and a low table. There was actually too much furniture out there. We ended up moving some of it into the wrap around part of the balcony just to get it out of the way. You won't be disappointed in this cabin.....we loved it!

Thank you for your help, it’s looking like 8168, can anyone help with if there is any shade on this balcony, I like sun & my husband likes the shade!!

It all depends upon which way the ship is sailing and the position of the sun. We did both the Southern and Eastern sailings, and it seemed like we had so much more sun than shade. Whenever the sun was above or behind the ship, we got full sun. The overhang is only about 3-4 feet. There were times we could sit on the table and chairs if we had them right next to the cabin divider, as that area was in the shade. This didn't deter us from loving this cabin.....we have it reserved again for a 2020 B2B.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Just one more question, we will be Diamond for the first time on this cruise, what happens in the Diamond Lounge, is this where comp drinks are served in the evening? If so will there be a time restriction?

Any more to expect with being Diamond?

Thanks 🤔

Thank you, much appreciated.

Just one more question, we will be Diamond for the first time on this cruise, what happens in the Diamond Lounge, is this where comp drinks are served in the evening? If so will there be a time restriction?

Any more to expect with being Diamond?

Thanks

The complimentary cocktail period in the DL is usually 5pm to 8:30pm if early dinner is at 6pm.

There will be a letter in your stateroom detailing your perks.

You’re absolutely right, I did mean Radiance!! Looked at that many cruises I’m a bit confused, to say the least! Thank you for correcting me. ;)

Serenade and Radiance are sister ships. Like numbered cabins are most likely identical.