Brief Review Carnival Liberty 4/15-4/19

RobinKY

This is my 4th Carnival Cruise. I am 46 traveling with my gf age 44.

We had a balcony room on deck 6 near rear of ship. The room was good, no issues at all and the cabin steward was really good as usual. I needed ice for afternoon cocktails so I tipped him $5 and asked for ice thru-out cruise. He brought ice at least once a day.

Food - Guys burgers and the taco place were great for lunch. The breakfast in the MDR was great as usual. They had a new soft boiled egg and pastrami dish which was different but good. Dinner in MDR was decent. There were some new appetizers which were great. I will say I was disappointed in the main entrees in MDR. I guess they were not great on past cruises but I got some tough and dry pork dishes and the flat iron steak is nothing special.

Ports - Nassau is Nassau. Get hounded by local pushing excursions. It was raining that day so we just strolled along the shopping area which is a mix of high end and trinket shops selling same items. Princess Cay was nice for a beach day. The bbq was so so and were a ton of flies around.

We do not stay out late but did catch a couple shows. Caught most of Love and Marriage, it was pretty good. The comedian was great. He went around the audience as part of his routine. Very witty and funny.

We hung out at the pool a lot. I was expecting some more live contests and stuff. I know I missed a contest one day. The setting on the pool deck was pretty subdued but did have a mix of live music and pumped in music.

Overall, another great cruise. Would definitely sail on Liberty again.

Same cruise we're taking in June. On Princess Cays did you notice any banana boat rides or paddle wheelers for rent or were there only paddleboats?

I do not remember seeing any banana boat rides but I believe they had some paddle wheelers and definitely had paddle boards.

Thanks for your review.

I agree with your general assessment of the MDR. Since the implementation of the American Table I often order several appetizers and no entree.

Glad you had a good time.

That's a good idea. There were a couple nights I liked multiple appetizers but only ordered one.