Library on Nieuw Amsterdam

ncc1701d

Libraries in hotels and cruise ships and such have been drastically affected by the popularity of e-readers. Even with the sight recovery of paper books in the last year, it may not have much impact on travel reading, especially in light of the airlines' continuing efforts to make bringing more stuff with you more expensive and less convenient. Consequently, you can expect a very much pared down library on the cruise ship, with more of the space devoted to EXC and AFAR materials and media.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I was on the NA earlier this month and the "library" is now only travel books that you can read in that area but not check out. I did find a random paperback among them and was delighted until I realized it was in German LOL.

I was on the NA earlier this month and the "library" is now only travel books that you can read in that area but not check out. I did find a random paperback among them and was delighted until I realized it was in German LOL.
Sadly, the library isn't very good. It's been combined with the new direction the Crows Nest went. Mostly reference books. I did see an atlas if you need a better map than the coloring book model they have on the screens.

I was on the NA back in November. At that time the selection was not the best. I did find some books in the Swap a book section, but without those paperbacks it would have been a pretty limited selection. I usually bring 6 to 8 books along and leave them all in the swap a book section of the library.