Ladies: how many shoes do you take?

SwissMyst

Hi Everyone!

How many shoes are too many shoes??! Next Wednesday I am leaving to Miami to stay for 3 nights, and then I will be going on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the NCL Epic. I haven't been on a cruise for 3 years and I just started sorting my clothes and shoes that I'll be bringing and this is what I have so far! Does anyone else pack this much? lol

• 8 Heels
  • 2 Wedges
  • 1 Flat
  • 6 Flat sandals
  • 2 Small Heel Sandals
  • 1 Running shoe

I definitely think I'm going to have to eliminate some of these shoes, but I'm not sure which ones yet. And I'm flying Southwest and with 2 free checked bags I don't have to worry about baggage fees.

For clothes, this is what I plan on packing:

• 8-10 Dresses (Maxi/Formal)
  • 8-10 dressy tops (to pair with jeans/capris)
  • 4-5 Jeans/Capris
  • 1-2 Workout outfits
  • 4 Light Jackets

Pics of shoes are below!

~Valencia

Shoes1.jpg

Shoes2.jpg

Um, respectfully, I think the OP seriously way over-packed for a 7 day cruise.

For long European/TA cruises, I take 2 prs flats, 2 pairs heels, 2 prs walking shoes and if weather dictates, 1 pr. Wellies ran boots (for acqua alta in Venice). For Caribbean, I take 1 pr metallic sandals, 1-2 prs heels, 1 pr flats.

I usually take cruises to tropical/beachy places so I can get away with just having a pair of flip flops, sneakers for exercising/excursions, and a pair of nice heels that can go with multiple outfits for dinner. I am a shoe-aholic so it is harder to say than do once I start packing, but I try to condense because I know I will wind up mostly only wearing flip flops.

I am planning a cruise around italy next summer, and for that I know I will be taking a lot more shoes. I will need stylish ones to walk around in (but still be comfortable, so maybe some sandals and flats), heels for nice dinners/outings, sneakers, flip flops for the beaches, and hopefully that covers it.

I usually take cruises to tropical/beachy places so I can get away with just having a pair of flip flops, sneakers for exercising/excursions, and a pair of nice heels that can go with multiple outfits for dinner. I am a shoe-aholic so it is harder to say than do once I start packing, but I try to condense because I know I will wind up mostly only wearing flip flops.

I am planning a cruise around italy next summer, and for that I know I will be taking a lot more shoes. I will need stylish ones to walk around in (but still be comfortable, so maybe some sandals and flats), heels for nice dinners/outings, sneakers, flip flops for the beaches, and hopefully that covers it.

In Italy, you're best not wearing sandals or flats, but actual walking shoes. Merrell has some nice ones that don't look like athletic shoes so you won't scream "tourist' or look dowdy. But you'll do a lot of walking, on cobblestones, uneven pavement and with a lot of climbing stairs and hills. . You need sturdy, supportive, comfortable shoes.

I'm planning my packing for an upcoming trip: 50 nights cruising with 5 nights on land. I'm taking the following; one pair I am wearing on the plane:

1 pair Propet travel athletic shoes

1 pair day flip flop sandals

1 pair Bernie Mav comfi silver fabric shoes for day or night

1 pair Bernia Mav comfi black fabric shoes for day or night

1 pair blingy black sandals for evening

I can't get the rule of "no white after Labor Day" out of my mind! Have things changed and is it ok to wear white shoes this time of year? We will be cruising the Eastern Caribbean.

I'm definitely bringing

-casual Ecco sandals

-New Balance tennis shoes

-black heels

Possibly bringing

-black, tan, and/or white flat sandals (I can't do flip-flops)

-white wedge sandals

I can't get the rule of "no white after Labor Day" out of my mind! Have things changed and is it ok to wear white shoes this time of year? We will be cruising the Eastern Caribbean.

I'm definitely bringing

-casual Ecco sandals

-New Balance tennis shoes

-black heels

Possibly bringing

-black, tan, and/or white flat sandals (I can't do flip-flops)

-white wedge sandals

Yes, white is fine. Go by the temperature, not the date!

Last cruise was a Christmas cruise, 2 weeks Carribean! I had figured out a great way to sort out my "outfits" thanks to a great frind that traveled weekly for work and has a "system" lol!

BUT, even with THAT in place, I still packed 9 pairs of dress heels, 1 pair of nice flip flops, 1 pair of sandals. (yeah, I'm either dressed UP, or barefoot lol)

And because of the "system" that included a neet little lists of outfits and shoes that went with each, I actually WORE everything I brought, even the shoes, no overpacking! It was great! :cool:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

For those of you that like to wear different dress shoes with each outfit you can get a slip-on that allows different tops to be snapped on. They are really handy to keep the space and weight down.

I find that having shoes that are different in fit is helpful though. And I can't keep slides on my feet either. I have narrow feet.

Four pairs of shoes total. If it doesn't fit in my carry on, it doesn't come. I need one pair of dress shoes for the two formal nights, so I take a pair of dressy sandals, a dressy flip flop, a pair of Reef flip flops that are a little more casual and I wear my workout shoes on the plane. It's all about ease for me. :D

• 2 weeks later...