Connecting balcony rooms

RECPILOT6

We are looking at booking connecting rooms on the royal. possible cabins A633 A635 or R238 R240.

does anybody have pictures of connecting rooms on this ship and also if you are aware if the balcony divider can open up.

No photos. The connecting door is in the entrance area across from the bathroom. The balcony dividers open to allow access to the adjoining cabin. Ask your cabin steward to open the divider.

It's very hard to find photos of those cabins on Royal. I tried while researching a cruise recently, and happened to stumble across a video on YouTube of a couple with Marina deck connecting balcony cabins. I can't recall the name of the video but if you search "Royal Princess Marina deck balcony cabin" or something similar you might find it. The cabin numbers were in the low 100 range, way forward on the Marina deck starboard side. In any case, his video clearly showed the connecting door just inside the entry, across from the restroom, and you could see into the other cabin.

And yes you can ask the steward to connect the balconies as well if desired, but be aware if windy or rocky the door will need to be propped on something so it doesn't bang around at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a connecting cabin on the Royal, C320. I was worried that the door inside might look out of place but it didn't, the room was fine. The door is right when you enter, across from the closet area. And actually the handle on the door came in handy to hang my tote bags on it. I only heard mild conversation when I was right by the door and the folks in the adjoining cabin were right by their side of the door. This happened maybe only once, not a problem at all.

I had a connecting cabin on the Royal, C320. I was worried that the door inside might look out of place but it didn't, the room was fine. The door is right when you enter, across from the closet area. And actually the handle on the door came in handy to hang my tote bags on it. I only heard mild conversation when I was right by the door and the folks in the adjoining cabin were right by their side of the door. This happened maybe only once, not a problem at all.

When in a connecting cabin, we put a towel at bottom of door to minimize sound entry.

Avoid connecting cabins on the Regal, Royal and Majestic. There is no sound proofing. You can hear everytime your neighbour goes to the toilet. Not to mention their conversations. Will never book a connecting cabin again. We were in A509 on the Regal. And yes the connecting door is in line with the walk in wardrobe / bathroom entry.

• 1 month later...
Avoid connecting cabins on the Regal, Royal and Majestic. There is no sound proofing. You can hear everytime your neighbour goes to the toilet. Not to mention their conversations. Will never book a connecting cabin again. We were in A509 on the Regal. And yes the connecting door is in line with the walk in wardrobe / bathroom entry.

We were in a connecting cabin for ten days on the Regal in October. (A206) We heard our neighbors talking a couple of times, not much issue there at all.

My biggest issue was hearing everyone slam doors so much. It wasn't a big deal but I did wonder why so many slammed doors.