Sun Princess redeployment - March 2019

cruisingthomas

We were booked on B2B cruises on Sun Princess for March 2019. We received notes today indication that the March 5th FIJI cruises and March 19th New Zealand cruises are CANCELLED.

I was wondering if anyone knows what is happening to the Sun Princess March 2019.

Also, anyone have experience in these situations rebooking and keeping the benefits that you had. Eg. Sip&Sail, Specialty Restaurants each (for mini-suite booking), and Canada 150 $150 OBC (per stateroom). Booked late June 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just had a call from our agent, and she has told us that the segments we are booked on are changing and that the Sun is being "redployed", going to Hong Kong, but we don't have any details as yet. We haven't gotten the email but are waiting for it now. She did mention that Princess is usually very accommodating in these instances, but she hasn't seen it happen often. We are also booked on the segment prior, leaving on February 23 (Queensland), which was giving us B2B2B, but now the 2 in March are changing. I've just looked on the Princess website, and it doesn't offer the Sun at all in March. Hopefully we get some news soon as this is our big retirement trip and we were going to be able to cross a bunch of bucket list spots off.

Thanks. We are also on the Feb 23rd Queensland, had tried to make it a B2B2B2B. If they can move benefits, might do Jan 22nd 14 Day FIJI and Feb 5th 12 day New Zealand both on the Sun, and spend 6 days in Sydney before the Queensland. We had planned to spend a week or so in Sydney before or after, so this would be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hoped that Princess would fairly move the benefits from the 2 cruises they cancelled with the Sun Princess redeployment. They did not have any ME or MD staterooms, so had to move to M1 (Club Class) but the price was 47% high that the MD, when it is normally 17%-19%. Very disappointing. Going on Celebrity for the first time next Month. Maybe we will move to Celebrity for our Australia/New Zealand cruises during March. 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too were booked on the Fiji cruise along with the Queensland before. We got our email last week. When I spoke to Princess last week the agent was able to tell me that the Sun Princess has been redeployed and on a March 2 it would start a cruise to Hong Kong. All the ports were not yet available but that the Sun Princess was moving to Asia for March and no over ship was replacing the Sun Princess in Australia. We moved our B2B to January.