Guarantee cabin category question

Suzieanna

hi folks

Hope someone can clarify. We have booked a DE cabin on a guarantee basis. I am looking at my P and O paperwork and there is no mention anywhere of DE? It just says GUAR. Does this matter? Is it something I need to phone them about? The category I picked definitely had a bath? I don’t want to leave it until I board to find out I don’t have my bath.

What do you think? Am I worrying over nothing? I am well known for that!

Hi... As previous comment said your located cabin will be a minimum DE grade so as long as every cabin above that grade has a bath you will have a bath so no need to phone them. If not I would phone and say that is what you want and request a cabin with a bath.

Hello,

If you have booked a DE grade Superior Deluxe Stateroom then as the others have already said you can only be upgraded to another Superior Deluxe, all of which have baths, or a SUITE! With the exception of the front facing suites all suites (I believe) have a whirlpool bath. So I think you should be fine.

Joan

hi folks

Hope someone can clarify. We have booked a DE cabin on a guarantee basis. I am looking at my P and O paperwork and there is no mention anywhere of DE? It just says GUAR. Does this matter? Is it something I need to phone them about? The category I picked definitely had a bath? I don’t want to leave it until I board to find out I don’t have my bath.

What do you think? Am I worrying over nothing? I am well known for that!

The DE grade cabins are Deluxe Balcony cabins which have a bath. This is the lowest grade you will be allocated. If you are lucky you will be upgraded to a DD, DB or DA Deluxe Balcony Cabin. These are the same layout and specification as the DE but located in more favoured positions on the ship. If you are extraordinarily lucky, very unlikely, you will be upgraded to a Suite; BE grade with a similar bath or B5, B4 or B2 Suite with a better bath. An upgrade to an A1 Suite could theoretically happen with top class bath.

Realistically I should think it reasonably likely you will end up in a DB grade cabin at best which as I said in the foregoing is the same as the DE, simply nearer midships on the same deck either forward of aft of midships.

I should not phone P&O myself, GUAR on your documents merely indicates a "Guarantee Booking", in your case minimum grade DE and no specific cabin number is yet allocated.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 2 months later...

Update for anyone who might be interested.    We were put in Room D309, which was brilliant!

best part - the room was twice the size of a regular balcony room - but the balcony was totally open to the sky - so we spent our evenings stargazing!  Bliss!! 

I did get a bath!

Edited by Suzieanna
typo

26 minutes ago, Dwalkerdave said:

What grade was that ? DE ?

According to my assessment of the P&O deck plan it is a DB grade.  Sort of forward midships to mid-ships area so a bit of a winner one might say.  I am not good in the colour vision area.

Regards John