Any suggestion?

hladygirl

We have hired a private powerboat in Tortola 9 am to 4:30 or 5 pm to take us anywhere we want to go. We know we will go to the sooty dollar on jost van dyke for a while but where else? Considering Norman island and the Indians. Thought about sandy spit. Any suggestions?

Great way to escape the rest of your fellow cruisers and see more of the beauty of the BVI!

Are you interested in snorkeling? If so Norman and the Indians are a great choice. We'd stop in Pirate's Bight, or you could hit the Willy T. If you are considering hitting both the east and west sides of Tortola it is quite a distance but certainly doable with your longer time. The only concern there would be if they charge separately for gas unless that is not a concern.

Marina Cay is another great spot away from the crowds with Pusser's there. I would rely on the advice of the guide and choose spots based on his/her recommendations. The Willy T would be a great last "party" stop while Cooper Island or Marina Cay a nice relaxing last stop.

Alternatively you could spend all of your time on the west side and hit any of these spots including Green Cay, the Bubbly Pool, Foxy's in Great Harbor, White Bay, the B Line on Little Jost, and a stop in Cane Garden Bay or Smuggler's Cove. I know you like Soggy $ so enjoy your time there, it will be busier in the afternoon of course...

So many choices!

If you are planning a snorkel stop, ask your guide what the best place is. I had great snorkeling at the famous Indians, but the best snorkeling I have done anywhere (out of maybe 30 places in the caribbean) is an open water spot in the National Park between Tortola and Virgin Gorda. We picked up moorings there with land only in the distance. The water was 20-30 feet deep but below were pristine rows of amazing coral. Great parallel walls of it. And in between, as we swam up and down the channels, were great swarming schools of sergeant majors and blue tangs. It was 20 years ago, and I remember it so vividly.